cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

warmharte

Joined over the weekend and started "postponing" today!!

Good Morning!!  I joined over the weekend and with the holiday and company was unable to track my smoking habit--so, I'm starting that today.

I am 56 and have smoked since I was 13.  I smoke a pack a day (at least) and I really want to quit this destructive habit that is not good for my health or my finances!!

I want my health to be at its best and I want to be able to live longer and healthier so that I can enjoy my 4 month old granddaughter for a very long time.

I picked a quit date of April 16 which is my youngest daughter's birthday--who by the way when I told her about this program said that she doesn't have much faith in me to be able to do this!!

So, I'm going to need a lot of support---I've tried many times and have been unsuccessful, and this is it!!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ebsmith

Hello!  Today is my first day, but I have been planning this for 2 months.  This will be my 3rd time making a serious attempt to quit, and I refuse to break down.  I'm 30 and have been smoking for 20 years...what a waste, eh?  My husband was supposed to quit with me, but this morning he said he wasn't "in the right frame of mind" and didn't think he could do it.  I told him I just need his support.  If he is going to choose to smoke, he will need to do it nowhere's near our house! 

The choice to quit smoking is due to our wish to have a child.  So, I always have that wish for a baby as an invisible support system.  Unfortunately, my husband knows that he won't be carrying the cild for 9 months, so he can sneak a cigarette now and then.  Ah, well.  I know that if it's not his time to quit, it's not his time.

But I must congratulate YOU for making this decision!  What a great role model you'll be for your daughter--and honestly, I think it's a 13 year olds job to be the family skeptic!  Stay strong!

0 Kudos
dlocascio

You can do it.  Just keep reminding your self all the good things that come with not smoking.  Better Health,  More Money etc..

I quit 5 days ago and it's hard, but not impossible.

Stay on this site and start a blog.  The words of encouragement you get from other members is a god send.

0 Kudos