Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

kody2

January Quitters

THIS MY 2ND START  WILL JOIN YOU ON QUIT DATE

Tags (1)
478 Replies
legraves

Hello, Today is my quit day. January 25th. So far so good. I feel very irritable though.  I would like to be part of this group. January quitters

0 Kudos
Diane145

Hello everyone!

We all have a story and a reason why we have quit.  I wish you all tremendous success and am happy to share with the group.  Let's do this thing!!!!!!!!!!

I've quite several times in the last several years and I tell you, I find that each time the desire to quit is stronger.  I am hoping this is the last time for me.  My last cig was Wednesday, 1/21 because I forgot my cigs at work and didn't want to go out in the cold.  So, I went to the closet and pulled out my NRT Patches.  It's day 5 for me and the crazy part is over.  It was pretty rough for a type A personality, let me tell you!

My husband had back surgery on the 13th and that's been quite an ordeal.  Well, he doesn't listen as he should and wound up dehydrated and blood pressure fell too rapidly.  Yesterday, he had tremors and I swear, I thought he was having a seizure and wdropped dead!  Of course, I called 911 and they quickly assessed the issue taking him to the local hospital where he still is.  Scared the bejesus out of me ... and I think it scared him straight too!

I am so glad I didn't have any cigaretts in the house yesterday or anyone in the house who smoked because all the work on quitting would have backfired.  Let's keep this thing going and stay off the "sickarettes".  I'd rather live productively than with this monkey on my back ... I want to bag him for good!

Chat soon!  I hope you all have a great day today, followed by tomorrow, followed by ...

I need the support and hope I'm helping you as well!!

{{Hugs}}

0 Kudos
rainbow1-2

Today is my quit day,been smoking about 40 years,just plain tired.Together we can do this!!

0 Kudos
Diane145

Good Morning all!

Is it in my mind or am I hungry??  I ate a banana with cool whip ... not bad right?  I've eaten a 2 oz bag of Perkey Jerky (it's great but sodium may be high) and next on the list is Laughing Cow cheese wedges and an Arnold Sandwich Skinnys.  I'm trying to eat the right things to sooth my self-imposed cravings.

I have to say though that I don't find myself craving a cigarette.  They are still on my mind, but not haunting me regularly throughout the day, so that's also progress!!  Yayyy me and Yayyy you if you didn't give in to take a puff.  I'm with NOPE!  I like that!

I truly believe that as long as I can stay away from people who smoke for awhile, I can do this thing and make it my final, successful attempt.

Husband is home and doing well, so that's some relief.  Dogs woke me up at 5am crying (the oldest lab Dukie, whose 9 is a diabetic and was thursty), so I got up, gave Dukie his shot, let all 3 of them outside, checked on the husband, made him a fried egg sandwich for breakfast, gave him water and juice, fed the dogs, made John's lunch and snack for the day, gave him cell phone, put his laptop near him, handed him the remote then got myself ready for work and here I am!

We were lucky in the Baltimore area as we did not get the snow that was predicted. 

I'm tired (LOL), and I have a full day ahead of me.  That is a "Smoke Free" day!!  WaHoo.

Sending good JuJu everyone's way to keep on the no smoking train!  I'm lovin' it!  We have strength in numbers and the right attitudes!!

0 Kudos
Diane145

I keep forgetting to put the patch on in the morning.  Do you think that's adding stress to my quit program?  It's hard for me to tell as I'm still in the beginning stages of quitting.

I've read that it's recommended that one wear the patch for at least 6 months.  Does anyone have any feedback about that?  I don't want to fall off the track to success.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Diane145

Good Morning!

Still smoke free!!  Yayyy ... how are you all doing?

It appears that most of the groups and pages out here are not active.  Can someone lead me to the active ones??

I'd like to chat with others instead of just chatting with myself.  Valuable insight is always provided by others and I want to actively walk this path with others.

Have a great week!!

0 Kudos

Day 1 and ready for this day to be over can I just sleep through these cravings..

0 Kudos
WLFSRFAMILY

JUST PASSED 7 DAYS SMOKE FREE  WE CAN DO THIS

0 Kudos
andej

I'm a Feb. quitter!  Just had one smoke free day yesterday, didn't sleep a wink last night but have replaced my patch and so far, so good!!  Right this minute I am confidant I can make it through the day....  Who knew, not I that when I started 35 yrs. ago I d still be smoking into my 50's?  I always just assumed I'd quit along the way.  Never too late and I'm so sick of being worn down, depleted breath and energy and am ready to do something different.  Wish me luck, I'm on my way!  

0 Kudos
fatal5star

i stopped 12 /28/ 2014 can i qulify

0 Kudos