Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

kody2

January Quitters

THIS MY 2ND START  WILL JOIN YOU ON QUIT DATE

Tags (1)
478 Replies
pj58

hey all.  Day 17, hanging in there.  Sorry haven't written for a few days, but I have not been in the mood to write.  The weekend was hard to fill the hours and hands.  But I just keep telling myself that every cig I do not smoke makes me just that more healthy.  I do so like the increased breathing ability and I do notice a slight difference in my skin.  So I will continue to work on this and hope all you who have started this keep working on it too.    Hang in everyone.    PJ

0 Kudos
Lonita

Working on Day 18th.  Drinking alot of water, deep breathing.  Yesterday I went to a funeral home for visitation. For the first time I actually could smell the flowers!! I know I am better off not smoking.  My body is going through a healing process because of all those years I was killing myself. I just got to endure the healing.  I got to stay smart. N.O.P.E!!!!! 

0 Kudos
vicki34

Day 11 and I definitely feel better.  I've been exercising and have so much more energy.  You who are on day 17 and 18.....you still want to smoke?  I was hoping it would go away by then :(.    When does it go away?  Ever?  I certainly feel the urge less, but it's still there, especially at certain times of the day.

0 Kudos
lois2

still smoke free think about smoking a lot but that will go a way, one day at a time hang in there everybody.

0 Kudos
coral5522

Hello everyone:  i just joined the program and i am starting this tonight ,i really want to quit so then i can give the experience and example to my daughter and others that do it. I sure get sick a lot with asthma all my life even before i ever smoked at all and now its even worse. I am very happy there is a program like this and all the support of everyone and Jan quitters 🙂

0 Kudos
ivyanne78

I am new to this site and i am looking to quit for good this time i am looking for like minded people for some advise as well as support if you would like to lend a hand to me please mail me ill keep checking on here as well congrats to all who have made it and i hope that i will find other like minded people here to help me on my journey =D

0 Kudos
subvet

16 years smoking and 18 days smoke free. Even though the harsh cravings have mostly subsided, I want one every day. The only thing I want more than a cigarette every day is to not smoke. I wish all of the the best of luck. I know I'll need it.

0 Kudos
subvet

Vicki,

I don't think it ever goes away completely. My boss smoked his last cigarette 17 YEARS ago and he says every now and then he'd really like to light one up!! This addiction has got to be as bad as what I've seen alcohol do to some people. Hang in there!

0 Kudos
pj58

I would agree with Subvet that it never completely goes away,however,  the urges become weaker and less frequent.  But I will tell you what happened to me today that gives a glimmer of hope.  Since my quit date I have tried to do something fun after meals so I would not miss cigs so much, and my fun has been to play computer games for about 15 min after meals, ( I work from home )  Well today after lunch, my very 1st thought was, "oh goody I get to play computer" instead of "I want a cig"  now after I thought about the games, cig came back to my mind, but the point is, they were not my 1st thought.  I am hoping that will continue to be my habit and that it gets stronger and stronger.  Hang in all      PJ

0 Kudos
lois2

WELCOME TO THE NEW ONES, WE ARE HERE FOR YOU I AM ON DAY 9,

0 Kudos