Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

kody2

January Quitters

THIS MY 2ND START  WILL JOIN YOU ON QUIT DATE

Tags (1)
478 Replies
lois2

I would like to weclcome all the new ones, you are in the right spot for support, i am on day 5 of my quit, we are here to kick BUTTS   hooray, yes we can

0 Kudos
denise70

I am starting this at midnight....I dont think i can do it, but i am trying, and my boss said thanks for the heads up and yes...I need to quit due to health reasons....I am trying and i can at least chalk this up.... I want TO QUIT and have to quit!!!!  

0 Kudos
vicki34

Woo hoo!!!! Day 10!!!! I'm loving this.  Yes, it's been hard, but not impossible.  Still taking it hour by hour.  Hang in there everyone.

0 Kudos
rattler

Hello to day 17.  I actually had moments this weekend that I didn't think about cigarettes.  Had a slip last week and smoked 2 cigarettes.  I'm not going to lie, they were wonderful.  What wasn't so good was the raunchy taste in my mouth even the next morning after serious brushing and gargling.  I managed to climb back on the wagon and am trying to be creative on how to spend the weekend in places that do not allow smoking. 

It helps to read what you all have to say about your triumphs and struggles.  Keep the thoughts flowing.  thanks for the virtual support.  😉

0 Kudos
k33

Day 15.... I stepped down to the 2 mg Nicorette from the 4 mg this weekend.  Most times, this is easier than it has been in the past.  But, sometimes, it just sux.  Definitely getting feelings of depression more than I had in the first 10 or so days of quitting.  However, the high anxiety/irritability seems to have subsided.  Hoping this is just another step on the road to recovery.

0 Kudos
jhalley

almost one week.....

0 Kudos
lois2

I AM STILL HANGER IN THER  I HAVE A WAYS TO GO, NOPE,  ONE DAY AT A TIMEFOR ME, ALMOST DAT 7 I DON'T WANT TO LOOK BACK.

0 Kudos
helcal

Today is day 8 without smoking, Smoking was a big part of my life. everything i did, i did with a cig. Now i have to learn how to do it without a cig. I know its not going to be easy, but taking it one day @ a time, support of family and friends and asking God to help me get through this time of suffering, I have HOPE.

0 Kudos
jhalley

ONE WEEK!!! smoke free and loving it!!!

0 Kudos
dramahkween

HI everyone! Just joined the group today.....At 5:45pm (NY Time) it will be a full week...I can't beleive I've made it this far! How is everyone doing as far as physical symptoms? Most of mine have subsided, but I've still got a pretty bad earrache, swollen glands (it looks like I swallowed 2 tennis balls!) and a sore throat (can't swallow too well.....) But it's worth it!!!!

0 Kudos