Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

kody2

January Quitters

THIS MY 2ND START  WILL JOIN YOU ON QUIT DATE

Tags (1)
478 Replies
pj58

Morning all.  Hope everyone is doing well.  I just wanted to write and say I can not believe that in 12 hours 45 minutes I will be quit for a WEEK.  Two weeks ago this seemed impossible to me.  Do not know why it is working this time when  it did not just 3 months ago.  Well best not to look a gift horse in the mouth.  Out to dinner tonight with my hubby to spend some of the $65 we have saved this week by not smoking.  Hang in everyone           PJ

0 Kudos
ashley72

I set my quit date as New Year eve. But I couldn't stop smoking yet. 3 days is the maximum I could go on without it. I tried gum, whole pepper and so on. 

It's a bit funny.......even the '11 looks like two cigarettes...ha ha ha....

0 Kudos
david114

Staying strong!!  Been about  4.5 days since last smoke. Occasional minor/moderate urges to use, but i

have been able to overcome. Still not sleeping well, waking up about 4-5 times. May try removing the patch

in the early evening.. Again tricking my mind when my mind wants to suck me back in!!

Much success to you all!

0 Kudos
temptation

So i smoked one cigarette in 8 days. Not bad i wish i didn;t crack but the tension became too much for me. Ive been using nicorette gum about twice a day. However I'm a bartender and proud to say that all three shifts this week were smoke and alcohol free. I hope everyone is staying strong.

0 Kudos
pj58

Hi all.  7 days, 20 hours and 40 min smoke and nicotine free.  Have found today hard, I think ever since leaving restaurant last night.  I always had after meal cigs but ones after meals in restaurants were always espesially good.  Have tried to nap today, but either am too restless, or when I did, the dog jumped on my bed.  I am proud of myself that I did not even lash out at her, felt like it, but did not.  Maybe tomorrow will not be so hard as it is a work day.  Hang in everyone, I am.   PJ

0 Kudos
shane14

it's been 8 days and it's been tough but I was around a couple of smokers today and couldn't believe the smell( almost made me sick) I'm ready to quit and there will be challenges but this one today made a big impact on me because I have kids I never smoked in the house but I know they know.

shane

0 Kudos
andrea32

Day 3 for me. I am taking Chantix and it has been incredibly helpful so far. Nothing worth having has ever been easy, and I know that every hour, day being smoke free is one day closer to not being controlled by nicotine. I wonder, though, will it always be a part of my psyche? I know so many ex-smokers who still think about cigarettes, years later. I think that is testament to be vigilant in our quit. Gotta stay on our toes. Be prepared. 

0 Kudos
shaneryan86

I'm quitting in the tomorrow.  I've tried several times.  I hope this site will be the thing that helps me quit.

Shane

0 Kudos
rattler

Woo Hoo....double digit days of no smoking.  Weekend was not too bad.  Not too social either.  Went to a movie...that helped.  Stopped in at our home bar and did not smoke still not drinking alcohol.  I had originally deceided that January was to be alcohol free.  May try and hold out until Valentine's day for a good bottle of champagne. 

Had to turn the Saint's game off in 3d quarter.  Love me some Saints but couldn't let them make me light up.  Oh well, there's always next season.  Looking forward to tailgating without having to worry about power smoking before entering the Superdome. 

0 Kudos
k33

So, its Day 8 and i had a little relapse on the evening of Day 6.  The girls came over with some bottles to help me through a tough time & I just buckled.  I really needed the girl time though, so no regrets!  Saturday night, ashtray was cleaned out & the ladies were sent home with the remaining spirits.  Back on track since yesterday morning & NO MORE alcohol until at least the end of February.

The winter will be full of domesticity and me keeping my butt on track!  Oatmeal cookies, anyone?

0 Kudos