Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

kody2

January Quitters

THIS MY 2ND START  WILL JOIN YOU ON QUIT DATE

Tags (1)
478 Replies
chad8

Day 5 for me as well and things are going a bit better.  Not as twitchy as I was earlier in the week.  I think my body is getting used to the reduced amount of nicotine flowing from my patch since I think even the 21mg patch is less than what I would smoke for ciggies during the day.

Had a nice realization last night that my smell is coming back.  I was walking behind a woman in the mall and she had clearly just smoked a cigarette.  Walking in her wake she friggin REEKED!  I'm thinking, "is that what I smelled like?!?!?!"  So it feels good to not be a walking stink bomb. 

Getting a little aprehensive about the weekend.  I plan on laying low and staying very far away from bars/booze, but without the usual work week schedule it's going to be harder to find distractions.  Have a feeling I will be going for LOTS of walks. 

Hang in there everyone!  The fact that any of us have made it  a 1/2, 1, 2, or 7+ days is a pretty big accomplishment and we all deserve a pat on the back!

-Chad

0 Kudos
david114

It's been about 2.5 days now since my last cig. Still going strong much to my surprise (Using 21mg thermal patch). I take off the patch at bedtime, which seem to help. I have minor urges from time to time but manage to dispel them through breathing or distractions.

The key for me is that when my mind plays tricks w/me i trick it back. i envision myself licking an ashtray full of "butts and ashes"...Works well...Stay busy, stay strong!!!

0 Kudos
rattler

Here I am at day 7 and things are improving.  Plan on going to see a movie tonight to avoid the normal Friday night in a bar routine.  Cheers to my husband the cigar smoker who is supporting me all the way.  Still not sleeping so well at night but Tylenol PM seems to help.  Not using any sort of nicotine replacement or Chantix....I guess it must be the increased blood flow to my brain that is keeping me awake at night.  A small price to pay.

0 Kudos
tinaex2011

I"ve been using extra sugar free gum, watermelon flavor, so far this is my 4th day cig free.

0 Kudos
ada3

Day 7 of not smoking. i started out using the 21 mg patch  on the first day, but  I came across a video  by Allen Carr  which  made it possible to go without the patches . So here i am on day 7, ahh yes its a lot nicer to breath, but  i am having difficulity sleeping and really moody. I cant wait to be totally free of all these  withdrawl symptoms.  

0 Kudos
ptaradactyl

day 7 for me too. i have been without my laptop since before the quit so that was just one more detached feeling to deal with the past week. chewable vitamin C is some awesome stuff and of course gum of any kind. no patches for me.

we can all do this!

and Chad, Yes the Universe will throw as much as it can at you when you are craving those puffs the worst! 

0 Kudos
pj58

Here is my day 5, 18 hours and 25 min success story.  Two weeks ago  on Christmas Eve day I wanted to clean my house before the big weekend.  I did it, but it took about 4-5 hours because I had to stop constantly while vacumming or dusting to catch my breath.  Then last Fri I wanted to at least vacuum the whole house, but was only able to do the living room before I became so winded I gave up. 
Well today I cleaned my whole house in about 3-4 hours, even moving ottomans and end tables when I vacuum.  And that is the improvement I have in just 5 days.  Am I ready to run a marathon, no, but can I NOW do something I could NOT do a mere 5 days ago, YES I CAN.  I hope that is some kind of encouragment to others, I know it is for me.    Have a great weekend, and Hang in everyone.     PJ

0 Kudos
chad8

Nice work PJ!!!!

0 Kudos
pj58

Thanks Chad.  I just realized that I was bragging about doing HOUSEWORK, maybe I should have made it about doing something, anything more exciting than HOUSEWORK!!  Oh well---- I may be boring, but I have a clean house.  lol  PJ

0 Kudos
lynnd2

Well, here we go! I set my quit date officially for January 15th. Bought last 3 packs of cigs and called for gum on Sunday, January 2nd, said when I run out thats it! I was smoking a pack to a pack and a half a day, my totals for this week as follows: 11, 11, 8, 11, 9, 8-today.   3 are left in the pack, gum arrived in mail today. My 10yr old was excited and started reading and working with me with the "Ally book". She helped me to quit a year ago-lasted 6 mos., but I didn't reach out for help or chew my gum through the whole course. Went back to work telemarketing and whammy!

It's all gum tomorrow, and a crazy schedule too-Yikes! Wish me luck!   P.S. have no listed friends for my page yet.

0 Kudos