Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

kody2

January Quitters

THIS MY 2ND START  WILL JOIN YOU ON QUIT DATE

Tags (1)
478 Replies
ellen26

going to start tracking my smoking habits.  i want to join the world of non-smokers.  git'r'dun,....

0 Kudos
boondog

Here we go again. 2 years is my longest quit and I've been smoking again for a little over a year. My wife smokes so it's extra hard for me but I've done it before so like I said, here we go again and I plan for good this time.

0 Kudos
pj58

Hey.  It just occurred to me that ALL of US receive EVERY post on this group's site on our emails, not just me.  DUH what a dope.  Another effect of not smoking, temporary brain shut down.  So that is how we shall all quit, by spending 24 hours a day deletling each other's posts from our personal emails.  lol     Hang in everyone     PJ

0 Kudos
firebabs

Second day for me too, and trying to keep busy.  Had 2 today one at 4:00 a.m. when my dog gets me up to go outside, and 1 after breakfast.  Triggers are after a meal and I guesswhen I'm bored.  When it is cold and raning, can't get outside to and now I have a broken wrist which stops me from being able to do things.  So good luck to us all and may we all be successful.

0 Kudos
pdg65

picked 1-1-11 to quit too, again.  hope this one sticks.  embarrested to say i once quit for ten years,, then started again.

it's hard but  I know we can all do it..

0 Kudos
charlie55

I am new to this site can anyone explain more about the online support for this site? I am setting my actual quit date for January 15th. I have tried to quit several times before but I end up feeling this sense of loss and depression so I need some kind of online support to help me.Thanks for any help I can get!

0 Kudos
nriether

HI everyone!  It's been greatly entertaining to read everyone's post.  This is day 2 for me and I've only had minor cravings.  My cravings mostly come when I'm driving but I've cleaned out the car so it quickly fades.  It feels so good to know my body, mind, lungs are healing!!  I can't wait to start feeling the benefits and start exercising!  I've been driving my friends crazy because I keep preaching about the poisons they are inhaling...  😉 but they understand it's helping me get through it!

0 Kudos
jaimly

Day 2....my house is getting pretty clean...trrying to keep my hands busy...I found a yoyo helps too, i learned to do a couple of tricks. right now is the time i would be siting on the sofa smoking....trying to get past it...Come on day three!

0 Kudos
bson9b7

Hi there, just joined now. I did have a cig this AM but not since. I am on Nicoderm. Not my first try at quitting, probably my 10th??? but this one is for good. I like the chat room idea to help

0 Kudos
alextbunny

Day four of stepdown from 25 to 30 cigarettes a day to 4  a day the last 3 days, 3 today.  The nicotine withdrawl is miserable (serves me right!) and my RPh husband is worried that the step down is too much too quickly.  Rapid irregular heartbeat, mild chest pain, severe headache, some nausea.  i am changing my quit date from Jan.4 to Jan. 11 to give my body a few more days of stepdown.  i feel as if i am failing already but will continue to fight this.  i want to quit!!  Drugs are a wonderful thing, huh??

0 Kudos