Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

kody2

January Quitters

THIS MY 2ND START  WILL JOIN YOU ON QUIT DATE

Tags (1)
478 Replies

I went out in the blizzard to the dr and got the Chantix. No excuses this time for me...I have to quit.

0 Kudos
kody2

HELLO       NOW THAT THERE IS THREE OF US HOW CAN WE LOOSE?

MAY HAVE TAKEN A STEP OR TWO BACKWARDS TODAY  BUT AM STILL AIMING FOR THE 24 QUIT DATE

I PRAY FOR UOR SUCCESS

0 Kudos

We can totally do it! Just block out any distractions or excuses. Smoking on or after the 24th is simply not an option.

0 Kudos
alturner08

Hey! I just joined the site!!! I made the decision today that I was done!!!! I have horrible headaches all the time and I am thinking that smoking is causing the problem.....but I have another big problem my husband says its not a "good time " for him to quit!!! We both quit last year together,but never went through with it! So like I told him I'll be the leader and you can follow me if you would like 🙂

0 Kudos

Good! We are glad you are with us! I think this site is very helpful!

0 Kudos

12 days to go...I have been cutting back and waiting a little longer for the first one in the morning. Also, I wait for about an hour after I eat. I started my Chantix and no horrible side affects yet. I've noticed after meals if I get right up and start doing the dishes or go play with the kids or something, I don't even think about smoking for awhile...taking the dog out is still the hardest part. I wish we had an outdoor pen or a fully fenced yard so I could just let her out.

0 Kudos
annamarie3

Still aiming for the 24th. I've been doing alright. I've only been smoking 2-5 times a day. I had a set back over the weekend. I had old friends visiting and we hit the town for the night. I went through 2 packs in about 8 hours. It was hard for one because I was drinking (and that is my absolute favorite time to smoke!) and two all of my friends visiting smoke. I know that these two things are triggers for me I just have to be very aware and ready for the challenge after the 24th.

0 Kudos

Sometimes you have to avoid friends for awhile, sometimes the bar or the gas station where you bought smokes. I am lucky to not live with a smoker and actually my husband has asthma so I have to smoke outside. It is going to be extremely hard, but we can do it!

0 Kudos
lois2

i quit for 6 mons on chantix, it has been the only thing i found that  works for me, but i went back to smoking 3 weeks ago, i have got to quit again, would yall be my quit buddy's ?

0 Kudos

Absolutely!!! The more people, the more support I think! Everyone is welcome! Only a few days left everybody!!!

0 Kudos