cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

lnxcwby

It's time

My wife decided she wanted to quit by her 30th birthday, and I've come to the point where I don't think I enjoy it anymore. That's what was always keeping me from quitting before. I just enjoyed the act, the ritual, the... you know. I'm ready, and we've not had a smoke (both the wife and I) for 36 hours. It's fscking hard. But I'm stolid in my resolution.

I'm ready, I'm ready to NOT relapse when I've gotta go back to work this week. I'm ready to not fold under the pressure. I'm ready to live long enough to see my kids have their own kids.

My name is Lehi. I'm an Ex-smoker in semi-rural Virginia (tobacco country).
0 Kudos
41 Replies
talulattdh

Ha! I'm chewing the hell out of this toothpick right now. I have my tongue pierced too, but I can't chew it veraciously like the toothpick for fear of ruining my teeth. I just hope I don't wind up inhaling too deeply and choking on it. It would be a shame if quitting smoking is what gets me killed. A shame, and an irony. 😉
0 Kudos
lnxcwby

This week at work will be very, very rough. I have to design and then present a demo that may be the deciding factor as to whether or not I'm at the same place this time next year. (No pressure... It'll be okay) Aside from that, I generally act like a jackass at work, though I bet there will be more cursing this week.
0 Kudos
jen-x

There is no need for you to get snippy with me. I've tried to talk to you about this shit you keep spreading.
This is hostile Edith. Get some help for your issues. Or get your meds adjusted.
0 Kudos
jen-x

LOL A sense of humor will help a great deal.
0 Kudos
talulattdh

Sweet. I got a lotta that. Particularly the dark, sarcastic type.
0 Kudos
jen-x

You sound like my kind of woman.
0 Kudos
candice-smith

welcome lehi and talulattdh you have come to the right place
0 Kudos
talulattdh

Well that sounds fantastic!

And thanks for the welcome, candice smith. I like that, btw, calling people by their first and last names. I will not be shortening it. 😉
0 Kudos
candice-smith

you are more than welcome i just believe in laying it out there- i'm 47 smoked 35 years laid the lousy things down may 23rd of this year , i have definately had my trials but all in all it was a piece of cake next to what i had it built up in my head to be!!!
0 Kudos
jennie3

Welcome and good going both you and your wife! The replys thet follow your discussion are entertaining lol ! Anyhow glad to see you here feel free to drop a line whenever.
0 Kudos