cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

bb_4

It's here!

When I get up in the morning, I will be a non smoker. Started when I was 18; I'm now 75. Makes me sick thinking of it. I have quit about 37 times, but it never lasted. Now, it has to. Gonna need lots of encouragement from everyone, please. Thanks, BB

0 Kudos
7 Replies
carola3

Hi BB!

You can do it!!!! Stay strong and think about how better you will feel!!!!!

0 Kudos
richelle3

I'm up this morning and haven't had a cigarette yet!  You can do it too!  I quit last year for two weeks, but my husband kept smoking so I started again....ugh!  I remember how BAD it smelled after being smoke free for  just a couple of days!  You can do it...after 3 days, the cravings will pass 😉

0 Kudos
nea-nea2

Last Feb. I quit for two monthes and then my husband started back and so did I. As much as I loved my cigarettes, I couldn't stand the way my hand smelt after holding that cigarette. I am now on day two and I have no intentions of going back. I have so many reasons to quit, and I know I can do it. You can do it. We all can do it. Stay strong!

0 Kudos
bb_4

I am just about through day one of non smoking. The rough times seem to be when I am not actively doing something. The very worst craving was after supper. I got thru it, and I will get thru triggers from now on.  Is there something crunchy but not sweet to nibble on? Can't have salt.  Thanks for the nice responses. I really appreciate this .  BB

0 Kudos
mcholsclaw

You can chew on celery sticks (might also help clean your teeth ; -)

You can do it! 

0 Kudos
carola3

Way to go BB!!!!

Have you thought about carotts? They are good for your skin 🙂

0 Kudos
bb_4

Hey guys! Never thought about celery and carrots, duh!  All cleaned and ready in frige, too.

Does anyone make non stick bubble gum? With dentures, I have to be careful. or my mouth could be glued shut. Wow; couldn't smoke tho.  Freedent not always available around here.

0 Kudos