cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

chammes

It's got to work this time.

I just got a prescription for Chantix, and am hoping this will be my last quit. I started smoking 5 years ago, and have regretted it many times since. My family and friends have grown tired of my empty promises of "I'm quitting on Monday".

With the support of this site, I am really hoping this time works. Does anyone have experience with Chantix? Good or bad?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
doreen1

Photobucket Photobucket
0 Kudos
doreen1

Photobucket Photobucket
0 Kudos
deb24

I quit with Chantix last year - I was amazed at how easy it was. However, I didn't put in the work to deal with my triggers to smoke and also quit the medication too quickly (primarily due to my insurance coverage, or lack thereof). I quit the medication after 2 weeks, lasted another 3 weeks before a major trigger and started smoking again. So, all in all I made it a bit over a month -smoke free.

I'll be using Chantix again for this quit - have already picked it up for my July 7th quit date. This time I'm doing the necessary work - PRE quit - to deal with the inevitable triggers AND I'm going to stay on the medication at least a full month then determine how 'ready' I am to deal with the triggers both cigarette and Chantix free...

Congrats on making the decision to quit - though you certainly do need to be making the decision totally for yourself, I certainly understand the influence the people in our lives have on us. Life is really about relationships after all.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
0 Kudos
hitechgal

Hi Chammes - Welcome! I had really good luck with Chantix about a year ago. Unfortunately I "fell off the wagon" about 5 months in after I went off it. But, I'm back on. It really makes quitting much easier than any other way I've ever tried. Good luck!!! Lynn
0 Kudos