cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Linches27

It’s day one for me. Why do I feel like it’s not the right thing to do, by quitting? Like things will get worse, health wise. Am I crazy?

People, and thoughts have lead me to believe it is wrong to quit, please help me.  

0 Kudos
25 Replies
Linches27

Thanks

Sent from Xfinity Connect App

0 Kudos
anaussiemom

The addiction is speaking to you.  Try to give it as small a voice as you can 800 times a day if need be.  You can train the mind.  let's try it together.  I'm on day 7.  Not my first quit.   However, it is my last.  

Coming here as many times as needed renews my strength.  It may and can for you if you trust the process.

48355658_10156750792889654_2109187911407632384_n.jpg

Linches27

Thank you

Sent from Xfinity Connect App

when you don't care that smoking is doing damage, you tend to smoke thru and ignore it.

0 Kudos
Gwenivere

Ya know, after about 50, I figured out it would probably be what did me in.  But I persisted.  Turns out that little voice was right.  Now it’s repair what you can mode.  Boy, we humans can be stubborn!

minihorses

I'm not sure why anyone would say that quitting smoking isn't the right thing to do.  Jealousy that you're quitting and they aren't or think you can't do it maybe???  Tell both others' and your brain to shut the H*** up because you CAN quit!  Yes it's hard but it's absolutely worth it I promise you.  You have a huge safety net and cheerleading squad here ready at any time to help you along the way.  Second-by-second without smoking is even a great accomplishment and that will turn into minute-by-minute, hour-by-hour, day-by-day, etc. We'll be here for you.  YOU CAN SUCCEED! 

Julie