cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

OojanicitaoO

Is this chest/lung discomfort normal and how long does it last? Thinking about the discomfort is triggering me and heightening my anxiety. Please tell me it’s normal

This is my third day of my 8th attempt and I don’t remember having this. Thanks so much. 

0 Kudos
14 Replies
elvan

If it continues, see a doctor. In the meantime, drink lots & lots of liquids, if you are coughing, pay attention to if you are bringing anything up & be prepared to describe it to the doc. Is it thick? Is it colored? Do you have any fever? Headache? There is a good chance that your lungs are trying to clean themselves out & that this will pass soon but given all of the current issues with Covid & flu season, it would be a good idea to get checked out. You can get the reassurance you need & get treated if necessary.

Welcome to EX.

Ellen

OojanicitaoO

Thank you all for your kind words and support! it helped ease my mind a lot to know that some of you had experienced this as well. As far as my doctor goes, yes I have one but we are not on the best terms right now... smh. Covid has really limited things for our relationship with our doctor as he cannot (or he chooses not to) see patients in person for basically anything. Ive tried and they just want to do televisits and guilt me for wanting to see my doctor. But on a good note all the discomfort went away! We were away camping and couldnt have seen the doctor anyway but in the mean time my discomfort went away and I had a few beers around the campfire without being triggered. 

elvan

Really glad to hear that it went away & that you were able to have a couple of beers without feeling triggered! 
WOW. Keep a close rein on your quit, stay close to the site.

Ellen

green1611

Great news that all discomfort went away. Key is start calm in mind.

Many times, the demons in our mind make our life miserable. 

All the best for smoke free journey !

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

So happy your symptoms cleared up on there own.  Doctors here are seeing patients in person now.  I've been see several over the past few months.  But lots of people have done televisits that went just fine.  If needed, I would consider it rather than not see a doctor if needed. 

Glad you enjoyed your camping trip without smoking

Barb

0 Kudos