cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

hilaryjo68

Is it worth it?

Well I guess there are many reasons to quit smoking that are very practical such as money, hate of addiction, my health, etc.   How am I supposed to even believe that I can handle this task again when I am very unhappy and fearful, and when people really don't care.   Actually, I am under a lot of stress right now?  Is is worth it at all?  Any ideas.

I notice when I smoke I can hardly concentrate at all.  I loose sense of direction and I did not get anything accomplished today.  People try to frighten me when I smoke and I guess it looks bad.   My head and neck feel bad.  I feel tired and unfocused when I smoke.

I have to quit smoking somehow to get my concentration back.

11 Replies
maryfreecig

I quit 4.4 years ago at the age of 54. At first I found adjusting to not smoking to be hard. Time has healed all of that. I have no reason to smoke today, never did. I would have smoked over 37,000 cigs in the past 4.4 years had I not quit. I would have spent about 13,000 bucks on cigs and additional smokers premium in health insurance. As smokers we just think that smoking is life. It's hard to come out of the fog and see the truth that smoking is pure addiction---there are no benefits to it. What feels like love, like or attachment to cigs is really the call for more nicotine being sent from the brain. It was worth it for me to quit--absolutely.

elvan

This is an amazing journey and I do believe that you will be very surprised at all that you learn about yourself...one day at a time

Welcome to EX,

Ellen