cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Kschipani

Is a slip a sign of not being able to succeed?

I fell and smoked 1 yesterday. I’m back on the journey today. Yesterday was day 3. The cravings were so bad yesterday. Does it mean I won’t be successful by having that one yesterday?

13 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

No one slip does not a failure make.  What makes the failure is giving up.  Learn from your mistake, recommit to NOPE.  Not one puff ever no matter what is happening in your life. Take smoking as an  option off the table.  Have a plan before the cravings come and stick to the plan.  The urges only last for a few minutes so don't feed them.  You can do this because quitting is DOABLE. 

sweetplt

Be proud...you slipped, but you got back in the Quit...this only means you need to figure what was your trigger to smoke and how can you do it different next time.  Keep working the program.  Don’t beat yourself up.  Happy Friday ❤️Colleen

Bellegonia

If you don't succeed at first... try, try again!

YOU can DO It!

Hugs

Belle

KatherineF

You can be successful even though you messed up once or twice or more! I tried to quit many times but I was not successful until I decided I could quit. Once I thought I could quit, then I was able to quit.