cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

vabeachbum

Introducing myself:)

Hello, just wanted to say HI! I guess Tuesday, April 15th was my "quit" day. I haven't had a smoke since Monday night. I've wanted to quit for awhile, but never set up any real expecations because I knew it wouldn't work. I guess you could say I did it "cold turkey". I woke up and thought, I'm not going to smoke today and see how long I can go. Each day that has passed, I think about it less:) I've traded my morning/afternoon coffee into tea. I have noticed and identified my smoking triggers and have cut them out completely. I thought the coffee was going to be harder than the smokes, but it wasn't:) Cutting the coffee and the smokes, my treat to myself will probably be a good teeth bleaching....weird I konw, and not that my teeth are bad. But to me, it's eliminating all that crud from over the yrs, wiping away the past...if you will! HAHAHAH!

Once I hit 30 days, off for my bleaching!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!

Jessica:)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
michael23

I just started on Monday 4/14/2008 and I started to work out the same day & I just did 8.5 miles on my roller blades. The working our helps me with the cravings, I feel so healthy after working out that I don't want a cigarette. I know it sounds strange but whatever works to keep you off of the cigs is worth it. Plus like you said the weather is so nice now I just want to be out all the time and I'm lucky I live real close to a paved trail in the forest preserve.
0 Kudos
michael23

Jessica,

Sounds like you are doing really well, keep up the good work.
0 Kudos
vabeachbum

Thanks...trying:) One day at a time! Only way to look at it. Some things worth having are going to be harder to obtain. I just try and stay foscused on all the POSITIVE reasons NOT to smoke. I am going to also do a 21 detox. Cleanse myself and start over, if you will;)

Thanks for the encouraging words!!!!

Jessica~
0 Kudos
michael23

That's great! I started to work out just to try and sweat some of the nicotine out of me also to try and get my lungs healthy again. It's amazing in just 5 day's how much more cardio I can do. Keep up the good work and try to stay busy on the weekend so you don't think about "Not Smoking. Have a great weekend and remember we can beat this.
0 Kudos
vabeachbum

How long have you been smoke free? If you don't mind me asking. I am so eager to start my walking back up. Now that the weather is nicier and I have this go-go gadet attitude, I hope to be back at my daily walks!
0 Kudos
joe4

Hello Jessica, Good for you! My first full day was today. So good luck for all of us. WE CAN DO IT!
0 Kudos
bobrickert

Way to go ...To-day is my quit day.
It will be hard however I know I can do it.
Im going to attempt to stop by going with no aids except determination,motivation and a need to stay alive longer.
I am quitting with 3 of my salespeople. We hope to have moral support from each other and seeing as we spend more time at work than home it will make It somewhat easier.
I will be 50 this August and When I have stopped smoking Till then I want to be able to go Skydiving .
Good Luck and Stay Strong.
0 Kudos