cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

gcor

Intense itching with the clear patch?

I've recently changed the location of where I'm putting my off-brand Nicorette CQ clear patch, to my chest basically right on my heart. For me this solved the issue of my intense muscle aches down my arms when putting the patch on either shoulder. However, I've found that the second I put the patch on, I have an INTENSE and unforgiving itch take over right where I put the patch. The skin under the patch and around it is bright red and irritated. I've found that the itch will go away if I can leave it alone for more than about 10 minutes but it's incredibly uncomfortable and annoying! Has anyone else had this problem??

0 Kudos
17 Replies
gcor

Thank you so much, I feel so damn supported here! It's awesome, and it's really getting me through. 

Daniela2016

Yes you are right, it is exactly how I felt a little over a year ago, and I made it; stay close, read a lot, share your feelings, ask questions, there is always someone who will come your way with answers!

plug66

had horrible itching.....eventually went away.....congrats

0 Kudos
elvan

Glad you have found something that is working.  

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Some other posts mentioning Patch and Itch.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

How about on your shoulder blade or the outer thigh?

Lauralives

I had the intense itching also and huge red welts.  I had to stop using the patch because of it.  Perhaps a different NRT?  Good luck to you!!!  Laura

Gai.C

I experienced itching for a few minutes. I put the patch on the right side Only arm ached  so I put on my side,thigh, leg, no problem. Don't put cortisone on before the patch. 

0 Kudos