cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

spirit4

Im new here, keep making excuses not to quit.

Hi, I just turned 53(female) I been smoking way to long an I really cant stand the smell or the habit anymore. Its like there the only friend I  have. I need to have it in my hand. I been under alot of stress (major) The sore throats the cough an i probably couldnt run a  block without being winded. Does any of this make sense? I try an I can go a an hour than I go crazy. If I have family over it dont bother me not to smoke. When im here by myself( please dont ask I have to smoke)Doesnt matter how busy I am still have to smoke. So where do I start? There expensive so started rolling my own. But this is just crazy.I tried cutting down but than I start back up again. Where do I start on this how do I begin? Help Please

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Rick_M

Hi there, I quit last year after 30 + years smoking. I think you should first go to WHYQUIT.com and read everyting you can get your eyes on. Might want to discuss with your doctor about some  kind of meds that can help you quit if you a dead set against cold turkey.

It can be a scary thing but once you get focused and throw them away it is just one day at a time and it slowly gets easier. You just might be surprised, it just may not be as bad as you imagine.

Click on blogs listed at top of this page. Many on there early in their quits. Good advice and you can share with others their experience of quitting smoking. Many on here can help and support you, stay close to this site.  If I can be of any help drop me a note. I wish you well.........

0 Kudos
spirit4

I smoked this morning, just dont want no more. Is it ok just to quit? Im suppose to watch the triggers everything triggers it. I have never set a quit date. I just want rid of them! I have been this way before than start going crazy an I need need need that cig. My mom died of brain cancer, i know she wanted me to quit an my dad also(he died of a heart attack) I been smoking way to long an just dont want it no more..

0 Kudos
shortcut56

Well if it helps you at all....... I am also 53. Smoked two packs a day for 39 years.  More failed quits than I care to admit. Never could get past a day or two even using patches, lozenges and gum. Recenly I was at the beginning of another quit attempt using the lozenges when I heard of a book by Allen Carr called Quiting Smoking the Easy Way.  Or somthing close to that. Bought it, read it, put the lozenges down and redefined my quit.  So far nine days, cold turkey and the best feeling quit I have ever had. 

Danny 9days

0 Kudos
Rick_M

Spirit it is Ok to just quit. Did you consider any of the suggestions I commetted on 4 days ago listed above? They might help U.

I wish u success. You can quit

0 Kudos