cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

llehrer222

Im halfway done readin Allen Carr's book.My quit day is this Thursday at 5:00. What can you say to me that willhelp me stick to this set time. I have been doung my homework and I want to Feel ready.

Ready or not I have to quit.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
elvan

You can do this and you need to believe that.  I can tell you that I came to EX every morning and every night at the beginning of my quit and I spent time here during the day when I needed to.  I read blogs by other people showing me what THEY were doing and I adapted things to my quit and my particular needs and abilities.  I found that when I could use the stationary bike, it was wonderful because it released dopamine and I just FELT good.  I smoked for 47 years (quit for pregnancies and some short term tries), I have not smoked in more than 3 years now and, in the meantime, my house burned down and I lost my three beloved cats to smoke inhalation.  When I say that if I can do it, anyone can, I MEAN IT.  It was not easy at the beginning but it got easier, it got better, I noticed that at first all I thought about was smoking and then the time would get longer and longer between craves.  I lived with NOPE (Not One Puff Ever) as my mantra.  I accepted the discomfort that went along with my quit and I knew that smoking was not going to make ANYTHING better.  It does not relieve pain, physical or psychological, it does not take away anger or depression, it does not make your life better...only YOU can make your life better.  I promised myself that if there was really something that smoking would do for me that I would go ahead and smoke.  I was never able to find that something.  please read Dale's page (jonescarpaka dale)...I read that over and over again when I was struggling and lo and behold, there is no struggle any more to stay smoke free.  Each day is another day WON!

Fergiebarber

Love the N.O.P.E. Not one puff ever! I'm gonna use that. Thanks.

0 Kudos
elvan

I had more than one failed quit in the past and I had, somehow, never heard that NOPE.  I shared it with my daughter after I saw it on EX and she said it was her biggest and strongest tool.  She has been smoke free for about a year and a half, I think.  NOPE is a great little acronym.  You CAN do this, seriously, BELIEVE it!