cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

nancy_o

Illinois Quitters

Is this still an active group? When I opened this group It says that there are only 3 discussions with them last updated in the spring of 2008. I would love to 'meet' with other Illinoisans trying to stop this nasty habit.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
56 Replies
nancy_o

I do wish you luck. The first couple weeks I found to be the hardest. I'm on day 40 and I still have urges which do get easier to get through. I talked to a co-worker who quit 25 years ago and she said she still gets urges. Just try not to give in to your urges. It's really crazy to think about how much money we spend on cigarettes just to shorten our lives. I wish you and your girlfriend the best in quitting. I know you both can do it....and try to not get in any arguments as this seems to be 'the excuse' to go get cigarettes. Think about the positives you will gain in quitting....your son may not remember you smoking when he gets older.....

Here's wishing you a GREAT SMOKE-FREE DAY. 🙂
0 Kudos
hillegal

We are still at it. Yeah the arguments are the only exscuse we have. Im exhausted from this weekend though
0 Kudos
hillegal

whered you go nancyo?
0 Kudos
nancy_o

Hi there. Sorry I had not been around. I was busy last week at work (I don't have computer at home) and then on Friday we had one hell of a major storm down here in Carbondale area. There are at least 3 counties that are declared state disaster and today Governor Quinn is coming and he has to be the one to determine if we can be declared federal. They say it was like an 'inland hurricane' as we had winds Friday just after noon that reached 106 miles/hour. I have never been through anything like this before and hopefully never again - having no power sucks! (today is day 4 with no power for many here but I think today they will have it restored as well.) But through all this, I did remain smoke free (not alcohol free though - lots of beer!)
0 Kudos
hillegal

Well im glad to hear you are making the best of the situation, Congrats on remaining smoke free!! I heard about the storms, but I had no idea they were that bad. Did you have any damage?
0 Kudos
nancy_o

Luckily I don't have any large trees in my yard but I just had new shingles put on my house last August that some blew out, shingles off my shed and had one window to my attic that blew. I found out I have $1000 deductible but I don't have estimates yet. Trying to find a contractor is really hard.

Oh I guess you would have heard about the storms working for State Farm. Down here we've heard that the news media did not get out so there's a lot of people that don't know what we've been through.

I am so mad at my son for not coming down to help me clean up (big branches and things) that I almost smoked on Sunday but finally after a good cry and all I decided I'm not going to my future daughter in-law's bridal shower this weekend. I guess it's going to take me a while to get over his priorities.
0 Kudos
keeptrying2

Well it looks like I am the only one here right now, but hopefully some other IL residents who are currently trying or have quit will join me.  There has to be more of us, right? 

0 Kudos