cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

nancy_o

Illinois Quitters

Is this still an active group? When I opened this group It says that there are only 3 discussions with them last updated in the spring of 2008. I would love to 'meet' with other Illinoisans trying to stop this nasty habit.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
56 Replies
hillegal

Welcome Patricia!! Great job on 2 weeks! Yesterday didnt really go to swell. i think my mind was a little exhausted from the previous week. I had two in the morning and three in the afternoon. Today I am going for it, I feel rested and had a big bowl of cereal this morning and I have my delicious solstice 5 gum. SO here we go again!!
0 Kudos
nancy_o

Here's something I did about a year or year and half ago....I contacted my local health dept and they have a smoking cessation program for free. I took Chantix (you have some pretty weird dreams!) but they also offer patches and gum. You may want to contact your local health dept. to see if they offer. I can't remember but seems like they run out of funds but don't get discouraged as they may have other suggestions. Just don't give up. Also check with your health insurance to see if and/or what they may offer. Hang in there as I know you can/will stop again and hopefully this time for good. If you only knew how many times I stopped and then started you would laugh. The thing that finally motivated me though was the price increase.
0 Kudos
hillegal

I feel pretty good so far this time, i didnt have nearly as many as i used to smoke over the weekend. My work offers free smoking cessation program, but I only use it for the counselling sessions. In my head it is either Cold turkey or nothing. And Today is actually going by pretty fast
0 Kudos
nancy_o

Oh I didn't think about your employer....that only makes sense. As for the cold turkey or nothing....just remember if you need aids in stopping - take them - just do whatever it takes. I've been pretty frustrated here at work and a co-worker reminded me this morning why I don't want to smoke....the $$ I've saved and how much better I feel. I know you can do it and like I said earlier if you only knew how many times it took me before I finally made the commitment.
0 Kudos
hillegal

I have a couple peaces of nicorette gum from previous qutis at home and I usually never use them. But I still have them if I need them
0 Kudos
nancy_o

Good morning everyone.....

Here's wishing you all a GREAT SMOKE-FREE DAY. 🙂
0 Kudos
hillegal

Right back at you !!!
0 Kudos
hillegal

i have begun new, and i am trying the ex plan this time. the whole relearning idea might help out. Instead of just hopping into it. I will not give up by the middle of may I want two weeks with out cigarettes under my belt.
0 Kudos
nancy_o

Orkut Scraps
Orkut Scraps at WishAFriend.com
0 Kudos
hillegal

I might crumble and I take a fall again, but all i can do is resaddle and hop back on. I just don't have a choice. My girlfriend and I got into the biggest argument of our relationship last night, and the most serious. Before I knew it we were on our way to the gas station. Neither of us wanted to even go, but it has become a habit, and I think we fight to smoke. We decided we just have to keep on trying and we threw out the rest of the pack. I think this weekend we are going to spend all our time spring cleaning to keep our minds off of smoking, and we decided that next time we fight we will get in the car and just drive to a park or something. Its strange when I quit smoking all the guilt I feel; like I am telling everyone who I used to smoke with that they are dirty. I lost a lot of good friends when I quit drinking. I think i am afriad of that happening.
0 Kudos