cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

angela23

IS TIME FLYING???? or IS IT JUST ME????

Okay, I know that yesterday was a momentous day for the entire nation and it came and went so fast, I had to stop and think, 'What day am I on??" which is probably a good thing, right? Lo and behold, I realized I had made it THREE WEEKS smoke free. I can't tell you how great I felt about it, and it made my day and evening especially charged, along with all the other good things going on surrounding the Inaugeration and all. Actually, my inspiration was Obama winning on November 4, 2008. I sent an email to my close friend announcing that, if he wins, I will quit. Trouble was, I did not actually formulate a quit date, although I had an idea that it would be at the end of the year and BEFORE his inaugeration. It just sort of happened that we both quit within two days of each other at the end of December, and here we are. So far, it's been a wild ride and I still get cravings, but I am proud to say that I am SMOKE FREE.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
barbara42

three weeks smoke free is some thing to SHOUT about. it seems like time is speeding by some times it seems like it is draging. either way, you are doing so good peace!
0 Kudos
Sylvia_Deitz

Angela! Congratulations on your 3 weeks quit! You're doing just wonderfully, Hon! You must have it made if you think the days are going by fast. I see you're not dwelling on wanting a cigarette. Keep up your good attitude!
0 Kudos
angela23

Thank you both! Taking it one day at a time and before you know it, it's three weeks and a day...
0 Kudos