cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

pauline

I went to my Doc and learned a bit more

Well, I went to my doctor and had a talk with his nurse. She smokes, she quit a few years ago and has been back smoking for about a year and a half now. She really wants to give it another try - so we are talking. She said that some other people that she knows used Chantix and quit, but started again after quite a long time, and she said that some of them got back on the Chantix again and said that it does not work as well the 2nd time around. She said that they told her that it was pretty easy for them to quit the first time with the Chantix and they figured that they could just get on it again and quit again like the first time, now they find out that is not as easy. That sure made another reason for me to keep my quit going. I don't want to go through that again!
It took a couple of months for it to really take hold (the Chantix) and give me the boost that I needed to put the cig's down. I even carried a couple of cig's around for a couple of months in my last pack in my purse just in case, but I ended that relationship and tossed them out.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
edith2

I know what you mean. I didn't throw my ashtrays away when I quit, I put them away, out of site. I had a half a pack when I quit and I threw it in the dumpster where I couldn't reach it. I put my cigarette case in my glove box of my car and finally left it sitting on a car in a Walmart parking lot, hoping somebody could use it. I finally got rid of most of my ashtrays when I moved; I gave them to a thrift store. I gave away most of my lighters. I wanted to keep a couple to light incense and candles. I've noticed this time that I don't like burning incense because I don't like being around any kind of smoke. I never tried Chantix, I did the Commit lozenges. But I know others that did Chantix and only one relapsed. She probably quit again. Sounds like you're doing great with your quit. That's wonderful!
0 Kudos