cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

sherry71

I want the Patch, but it's too expensive for me !

I have to quit. Buprprion didn't help. I can't live like this anymore. I'm scared for my health but the need for nicotine is so strong. It's been 26 years off and on now. My name is Sherry

0 Kudos
6 Replies

sherry,

once you go three days, the majority of nicotine is out of your system.

if you can't afford the patches, or get them free from a local agency, do you think you might get through 72 hours.

i've found that the memories and emotions we experienced as smokers are the obstacles we must work through and live

without nicotine so they are relearned without smoking.

you sound desparate for a medication to do this for you but that is not how it works.

you have to decide you won't smoke and honor that decision you made with yourself

the medications may help but you have to say nope (not one puff ever)

dale

0 Kudos
kelly125

I too wanted to go with the patch and I thought they were too expensive as well. Walmart brand is almost half the price of Nicoderm CQ and it works!

0 Kudos
mana

Sherry , Try Ohio Tobacco QUIT LINE 1800-934-4840  -National Jewish Health  I did this and they got me started on the patch free. Now I buy cvs brand with coupons. And the Money you saved from cig. Will buy the next box of patches.You can do this! I did 49 Days smoke Free. ! 

0 Kudos
vera5

thank's everyone, and Sherry I'm calling now.

0 Kudos
dstack63

Thanks for the tip Sherry!  My Son is in a study program at National Jewish, and my Granddaughter goes there as well I will call them to day and hopefully I can get the patches before my quit date.

0 Kudos
rosered

Hi I'm new to this, i've been smoking since I was 12 and now I'm 57 . My quit date is tomorrow , becaquse my heath is getting bad . I went to walmart and brought the patches. I will stat in the morning wish me luck.

0 Kudos