cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

zen-blondism

I think I quit chantix...

...my quit date was June 26th, and as I entered into my second week I noticed that I was only taking 1 mg/day. I decided to see if that would work. This morning I realized that I didn't take any at all yesterday. The packet is still in my purse just in case.
Now I am waiting to see if I am really an impatient b*&ch. Had my first real case or road rage yesterday. I use the words and jestures and everything. Being from Hawaii I am usaully very laid back in traffic. ( They post minimum speed limit signs...no joke) but it wasn't a "shaka" I threw up .
I have always had a reputation of being "super nice" and " a sweet person" Was tobacco just repressing my Hyde.
I think I'll go do some deep breathing...in throught the nose...out through the mouth...that's better.
*=)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
polly2

Remember that you're body is totally out of whack!! You're getting rid of deadly toxins and your body is feeling the results. What you are feeling is totally normal and your "Hyde" will continue to lesson as each day goes by!! Take those deep breaths, pat yourself on the back and give yourself credit for giving your life a new lease!! If you need to, go back on the Chantix. I haven't used it, but there are so many people here who have and who are successful!! Do whatever it takes to remain a non-smoker!! Tell yourself that "Smoking is not an option!" When you feel anger coming on or stress, tell yourself that you are a "Happy, health, confident non-smoker!" Even if you don't feel that way, if you continue to think that way, it'll take hold!! Keep us posted -- there is a lot of support here for you!
0 Kudos
manofsteele

smoking did not make you a nice person ...lol or maybe you had to be nice because you smelled so bad .... < grin >

u will be back to the lovely person you were and you will be even more confident because you are not being controlled by poison any more .... oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo what a feeling .... aloha !
0 Kudos
manofsteele

smoking did not make you a nice person ...lol or maybe you had to be nice because you smelled so bad .... < grin >

u will be back to the lovely person you were and you will be even more confident because you are not being controlled by poison any more .... oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo what a feeling .... aloha !
0 Kudos
zen-blondism

Thank you...
I had to laugh at the comment about be nicer cuz i stank. The other night my husband and I got into bed and I automatically shoved my hands under my pillow. I realized a few minute later that they didn't reak! Confidence? Heck ya! I was a closet smoker and even covered my mouth and waved my smoke away from other smokers. It's like learning to walk without a cane that I never needed in the first place.
Mahalo
*=)
0 Kudos
zen-blondism

Thank you so much Koz.
I was thinking today how many times I used to just go smoke a cigarette to escape the issues in my life. The more upset I was, the more I smoked. Now I find myself wanting to address every little thing. So I am looking forward to the simmering after the boil. I don't want to smoke now. I just want ot be pissed about some stuff i stuffed so ican move through it. I have a heavy bag in my garage maybe I'll go see if wants to give me any lip.
=P
0 Kudos
cindy25

Take a deep breath, count to ten and go to your "happy" place! OR.....SCREAM
both work.........
0 Kudos