cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

nancy_o

I think I'm nuts!

I must be nuts for what I am about to try. First I'm day 12 and I am going to attempt to diet! My son's wedding is in June and I need to drop some weight. At first I thought I could stop stop smoking if need be but the news this morning reminded me of one of the reasons I stopped to begin with - the cost of cigarettes. Wish me luck as I embark on two major life altering events at once! Any of the 'seasoned' ex's who may have succeeded in both, I could use some words of wisdom. You all have a GREAT SMOKE-FREE DAY. 🙂
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
nancy_o

UPDATE: Here's what I've decided. I got to thinking about it and before I even decided that I was going to stop smoking I was already cutting back on food (and alcohol) consumption. Since I have successfully made it to day 15 of stop smoking I decided that I can diet and also realize that with dieting I can 'cheat' from time to time (not go overboard) as moderation I think is the key. At work I drink ice tea (only use sweetner) and decided to start using smaller travel glass and to increase my water intake at work (I had already increased H2O at home) so the other evening I bought a case was bottled H2O (the water is horrible in this old building I work in). I really appreciate everyone's thoughts and words of encouragement. Since I live alone (have boyfriend but he's not always 'available' and son graduated college and moved) I am so glad to have my new friends.

Please everyone, have a GREAT SMOKE-FREE DAY. 🙂
0 Kudos
becka

How much weight do you think you need to loose? Becka....
0 Kudos
toni-buys

I read the book and found it helpful in the fact that smoking is an addiction. It helped me accept that after 41 years of smoking. I disagree with him big time that you shouldn't use drugs, patches, etc. I believe that you should use anything that will help you because everyone is different. I personally read the book, used patches for 3 weeks, anti depressant for 6 months, used two websites and a phone counselor. I don't believe anyone should tell someone what to do to quit. It is a personal choice. The only thing that matters in the end is the quit.
0 Kudos