cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

edith2

I should join this too.....

I'll be 54 this month, so I need to have a support group with people my age. In some ways I feel my age, and other ways I don't. I'm so glad that I've given myself a chance to live longer. I really don't have that much going on in my life right now, but hopefully I will and I want to stick around to find out.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
carlie

Heck yes...Edith....Welcome to our little group !!!!! Glad to have you !!!
We are "Over 50" here...but SO young at heart...as you are !!!!

This is kind of a "home group" to many people.....

WELCOME !!!!!
0 Kudos
jv_

got that right, home Group, i find myself not relating to much to alot out there, even though i still feel young at heart, my body dosen't always, but so what, tired of beating it up, n thats all i did when i was numbers yournger? beat up my body...
So Edith, Welcome to our Prime, ya know when i was younger there were times i felt like a old soul, now that i'm older i feel young, i am screwed up, n don't care, why, cause i am alive n clean, smoke free, n sober, never felt better spiritually n somewhat physically, cause what akes n pains i have now don't compare to the not breathin right, the hangover heads n bodys n stomachs, heck, i am right where I'm supposed to be...
n what do ya mean ya don't have alot goin on in ya life, ya know when i was getting sober i thought i'd never have a life again, now i belong to 3 seperate groups outside AA, 2 book groups, we read spiritual n mind expanding books n meet once a week, then i belong to a Intenders circle, we make positive intensions all together n suppoort one another n to a wise womens meeting, she's the wise women, don't get any ideas, n this wise women turns us all onto ways to grow in life, so from a drunk to doin nothing n to now having a life,,,i got alot of that at--- meetup.com
pic something you like to do n meet up with folks of the same interest???

check it out...
love is life, so life to all n to all abundance
jv
0 Kudos
sally3

Hi Edith,
Welcome to the group! It's a great group to be in!!!! You were one of the first people to welcome me to the site when I joined. Thanks again!!!!! I HAVE read some of your blogs and you have been a nonsmoker for quite awhile and have some good advice which we all need.

Once again WELCOME AND SO GLAD YOU ARE HERE!
0 Kudos
claudia2

Welcome Edith!!! We would love to have you in our group, after all it seems like you qualify!! I think you just have to be over 50!!! So great to have you here with us. You are such a great supporter here on EX...jump in whenever you feel like it!
0 Kudos
beth22

You better join us Edith....You're the first person I met on here and I dearly love this group as I dearly love you. When I turned 50 I kind of looked at it as my Independence Day!!! I love being over 50 and now I'm going to live way past that....heck, we may even start another group in a few years! ha
0 Kudos

Hey Edith

You were the first one to reach out to me here. So glad you ahve joined this site! Welcome!
0 Kudos
edith2

I went to AA/NA for years, started a meeting, went to the conventions, potlucks, dances, and speakers' meetings. I joined a local singles group, tried three different churches. It was a fun, lively part of my life. I think the events of the last 10 years of my life have crippled my desire to get out there and risk getting torn down even more than I have. I haven't given up on myself, but I've built a steel wall around myself, I guess.
0 Kudos
edith2

Thank you very much Sally!
0 Kudos
edith2

Thank you Claudia!
0 Kudos