Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

anaussiemom

I really want to smoke today.

34 Replies
MarilynH

Huge caring hug coming your way Kim, keep coming here and posting because we're all here for you and we're rooting you on You've got this quit firmly in your grasp deep breaths and believe in yourself because we believe in you.

11b2a269608a8dca3d52ad7facc7cd78.jpg

anaussiemom

Thank you Ellen Jackie Marilyn Disprague!!

Im busy with a sick cat at moment.  !4 days won by the grace of God, You  all, and some tears.

Have no clue whats wrong. Sunny Day, Yous"  Didnt smoke  .  My gratitude tonite.

I have very little to put in my personal gratitude journal, but I will think of 3 things to write in book.

Have to check Bert be back soon ty.

dsprague

Sorry your kitty is sick, I have 4 I understand what it’s like. But you need to stay with your convictions for yourself and your kitty 

elvan

Kim,

I am so sorry about the cat, is that Bert?  I get really upset when one of my animals get sick...if they could just TELL me what is wrong, of course, then again, they wouldn't be cats or dogs, they would be people and then they might talk too much.  Just kidding.  Please let yourself take some deep breaths, do something just for you, is that possible?  A bath, listen to some music that lifts your spirits.  Remember how far you  have come and keep going, celebrate YOU! Draw a picture of how you feel.  I used to do that with my youngest when she was in a funk.  She didn't think she could draw but some of her best stuff came out when she was just sad.  Is that it?  Are you sad?  You know, I always thought they should add an S for Sad to the acronym HALT, Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired...SAD?  You are doing great, I really want you to put that on your gratitude list!  It's a start.

Hugs,

Ellen

anaussiemom

I am.  

I am sad, not sure why. Im gratitude journal here at home with me is only good things,
Sip of fresh coffee, a butterfly, or major things.  Some days I have to really look into my day to find 3.
I keep it for positive vibes for bed.   Also to pass on to my daughter, when my day comes...

Anyway Maybe I will blog my sads tomorrow.

Gonna binge netflix. Watching the Reign sp.  It is fast pace, soapy but quick watching.

Good night.
Bert I am hoping is sick from a new food they have been eating for a time now.   Have put new fresh bowl of his old stuff out. and chicken broth to get his electorates back in his system if need be. 

Anyway,  Bert is a needy guy.  Clara is self sufficient with proper grooming from me ...so she sez meow.

❤️  I already feel a little better thank you all for reaching out to me.

Kim

elvan

You SOUND better, Kim. Cats are amazing, l really, really love mine & worry like crazy when they don’t act “right”, whatever THAT is. 
Sad is a tough feeling to define because, so often, it’s like SERIOUSLY why WOULDN’T l be sad? There are LOTS of reasons to be sad, they are EVERYWHERE. Just let things settle, watch Reign & enjoy the escape. I have binged on some things the last few months. Some made me CRAZY because when l was really into them, the season ended & then Covid came so they STILL aren’t back.

Things are going to get better, Kim, please LET them. It takes time & you are still so early n your quit. You CAN do this, we can all feel how much you want to.

Sleep well.

Ellen

If you get stuck with your grateful list these people here can be your one two and three?

anaussiemom

Yes!!!

Jennifer-Quit

I remember early in my quit going through a very tough weekend. Two quitters just a bit ahead of me relapsed.  I struggled through that weekend but when I woke up Monday morning smoke free I knew that I would never smoke again.  We all have had to go through tough times in order to get to a better place.  Not easy at all, but the rewards are worth it.  Hang tough, it will get better!

Henry91942

I understand, had a rough one last night....probably more rough on my family....lets be thankful that we remained committed to ourselves and that we had a victory over the urge to inhale! I will apologies for my mood and hopefully be forgiven and move forward today knowing that in any given moment I as well as you are doing our best. Together we can have a good day and know that some moments are going to be better than others. What we do now makes a big difference to ourselves and those we love. I believe in you! You got this!