cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

sharky2

I quit again....1000th time...

I quit on Wed. 10/13/2010 and have been dealing with the side effects of Chantix. I quit the Chantix today and am having a really bad craving right now. I want a cigarette in the worst way!!

My longest that I have quit in the past was for 2 weeks. Out of the past 32 years I have only been smoke free for 2 weeks until Wednesday. I am hoping to make it longer this time but the craving I am having now is really stressing me!!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
surreal44

Hello Sharky,

Hang in there it is very hard when a craving comes on.  Try to follow the tips it does help.  You may have to try another stop smoking aid if chantix is not working for you.  Talk to your doctor about what else could work for you.  Good luck go the the bloging board there is more help from others their as well.  I have only stop smoking for 3 days as of right now so I am also new to this site.

Surreal

0 Kudos
iriseyes

hi sharky,  you can do it. i am also on chantix. i had to stop taking the nighttime pill, i just couldnt sleep with all the dreaming going on. its hard even only on one pill, im on my 24th day of not smoking, and it always seems like everything goes to crap everytime you try and quit smoking. i have realized that no time is ever a good time to quit, you just have to do it. i am happy this time im going to do it, my first everything goes to crap moment was 5 days into my quit my 22 yr old son told me i was going to be a grandmother at 40! if you need support im here. take care and you can do it just like the 300 thousand or so people on here. we can do it 🙂 oh what has helped me is everytime i feel the need is to think of how many cruzes and vacations i could have gone on in my 20 something yrs of smoking.

0 Kudos
sharky2

Thanks Surreal and Iris I am so glad that I stumbled onto this site. The support has been incredible.

Went back to the Doc today and he told me to stay off the Chantix since I was having the nausea issues. I am still battling pneumonia and he changed my antibiotic, new steroids and inhaler along with a breathing machine to take home.

0 Kudos
stop6

Sharky-Encouraging to me that I'm not the only one who has tried to quit 1 billion times! ha I discovered the truth (I've been trying to quit for 30+ yrs) that I wasn't REALLY trying to quit. I was making feeble attempts but stink at perservering through the tough times. Let's climb this mountain together.........I HEARD THE VIEW  UP THERE  IS GREAT!!! we CAN do this!!  Constant reaffirming the truth.........I'm not a loser, I CAN do this!, this craving WILL pass!, Choose life!!, cigarettes are NOT our friend!!! they are killing us!! NO MORE!!!!

0 Kudos