cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

lana10

I need to talk!

It was my 3d day smoking-free and I just slip....I feel guilty about that and I understand that it is a nasty habbit for me. I am a young pretty girl and this habbit mekes me weak and I know that in a ten years I will have a yellow teath and my health would be perfect. I really jelouse of people who can smoke only when they drink or having a party. I know myself I am either smoke or do not smoke. I need to quit completely. My sister quit couple years ago and she is trying to support me in my desicion. I tried patches before and I did not smoke for 6 month afer that I started again this winter and it gets harded each time when you are trying o quit that's why I want to quit for good. Please talk to me!

0 Kudos
12 Replies
lana10

Hey, Jim! It's my 6th day after i sliped, still hard though. But I am kind of proud of myself that i am quiting. Each time I have cravings and not going to smoke it is like winning a small war and I am celebrating it 😉 Sometimes I am so cranky and everything keeps irritating but I am trying to be strong. I don't know for how long I have to fight those cravings but I ask God to help me to get rid of this sickness. Yeah I really have no idea why ciggarets are ligal.

p.s. I do not use patches I want to get rid of any nikotine from my body....I start running every morning--it helps!!!!

0 Kudos
Rick_M

Good going Lana, a whole week of no smoking, no easy chore. Keep that determined attitude, everyday you do not smoke will will get stronger.

When I first quit I found deep breathing would help kill the craves. By not smoking you are not depriving yourself of anything good. It really does get easier, it just takes some time. I wish you well.

0 Kudos
sonja-runs

This is the post that I needed to read today. I quit on feb 14th (this is like my 16th time quitting, btw :p) and then I went on a cruise on march 5th and told myself i could smoke for those few days because i was on vacation. when i got back on the 8th i made it though the week without any but then the weekend came and i had a couple on both friday and saturday night. I know it probably sounds like i just don't really want to quit yet but i do. i feel horribly guilty the next day after i've smoked and i worrty about the next time i am out and want one because i have been giving in so easily lately. haven't had one since saturday and it looks like it's tuesday so i am about 3 days in. doing ok and feeling fine. i haven't been a daily smoker for a long time - i want them when i'm out (especially if i have had a drink or two). but i have managed to quit before and i know i can do it again. just having some trouble staying committed this time.

i don't really have too many words of wisdom to offer (as you can see, i have tried to quit many times before and though i have been successful in the past, i have always started again). i wish i could simply remove the desire to smoke from my brain, but in my experience there is no foolproof way to quit. it has been at least a little hard each time i have tried and it is especially hard this time, as my fiance (who i live with) still smokes. i do really want this, though. and though i am soooooooo proud and inspired to read the blogs on here posted by those who are doing so well and feeling so strong in their quitting, it really helps to read these ones as well - the ones posted by those who are having a hard time with it but are still stickin to it 🙂 thank you.

sonja

0 Kudos