cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

vanessa5

I need support and help, I hope some of you do too!

I work in a bar in a state that still allows smoking in restaurants, clubs and bars. I only work a couple days a week but for those two nights I do work it is SO HARD to not want to smoke. I won't light up until I get to work; once I do I find I am dizzy, light headed and panicky. I am TIRED of feeling like that but the temptation and triggers to smoke are both CONSTANTLY around me...

I hope this group grows (I couldn't find one on this website so I created my own)... and I hope we can all become a support group for each other!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
jim23

Vanessa, I'm not a bar tender but i used to be in front of the bar many times. I rarely drink anymore and now I have given up smoking. I hope you don't mind me joining your group.
0 Kudos
vanessa5

Thanks for joining! I find it SO HARD to not smoke when drinking. Thankfully work has implemented a "no drinking" policy, and hopefully that will stick. We all used to hang out after hours and smoke and drink... now that I won't be able to drink so freely (cos I rarely spend money on alcohol or drink outside of the two nights I'm working) I'm hoping I'll have more of a conscious pull in not smoking.
0 Kudos