cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

JuliePatricia

I'm starting to get scared.

Im not sure what it is about. But im feeling a real sense of panic the closer I get to my quit date. I feel almost like a sense of massive fear. Its like Im emotionally paralyzed. I havent done much the last view to support my quit. Its like Im trying very hard to hold on to and let go of something all at the same time. Has anyone ever felt this way?

Where can I buy smoking cessation aids at a reasonable price?

Labels (1)
42 Replies
SuzyQ411

Hello JuliePatricia‌ and welcome to the EX Family. I'm very late to the party as I just came across your post. But I wanted you to know that I totally understand where you are coming from. Like many of the others shared above, that fear is very real for many of us. I can recall going to bed the night before my next day's quit and feeling in the pit of my stomach the reality of deep loss. However, by the time I had made it partway into the next day without a cigarette, I began to believe I could really do this thing and the fear started to leave.

I will also mention one thing that helped me along at the beginning: I wrote a farewell letter to cigarettes that helped seal the deal for me.  Perhaps that's something that might help you as well? 

Glad you are here and wishing you well with your quit. ~Suzy

Brandishae

I like the farewell letter idea!

SuzyQ411

I got the idea to write the "break-up letter" with cigarettes from others on this site who'd done the same. It really helped me~