cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

I'm really trying to stay an EX

As the other gal mentioned I'm an ex at least until my Hubby comes home. He's a truck driver as well and I think it goes hand in hand. We both need to quit. Me with my brain tumors and him with his heart issues. I'm just taking it one day at a time....
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
tommy3

hi,I`m trucker too and I have been quit for 10 days now.
Hope you hang in there...............
0 Kudos
aniandigwe

As of right now, it looks like CRST. (I still have some other obligations to complete before I even begin my orientation later this month.) I'm not driving as an owner-operator, so fuel won't even be an issue for me.
0 Kudos
aniandigwe

Wow--that sounds like an uncomfortable situation for the both of you. I'm sure you both miss one another, so I suppose you might just try to remember how sexy you'll BOTH feel without the cigarettes.

I've just reached my first month smoke-free, and I am in a career switch right now. Ironically, I am actually putting my brand new CDL to use and I'm getting into truck driving. Despite the long hours and the stress, I am determined to stay smoke-free.
0 Kudos

At 5.01 a gallon for deisil its not a very lucritve market but good luck to you. You'll see a whole lot of great country and meet some pretty interesting people. What company are you going to work for?
0 Kudos
diordna

Hi DLB,
Please don't look back on this issue ;). I would like very much to be and stay an Ex. That is the best way to support your Husband. The fact that you do not smoke will get him thinking about smoking. It will be hard but the rewards are worth it!
Yes fuel prices are driving lot of us into stress, specially when you have to drive everyday. I guess when your livelyhood is driving, it is even harder. Hang in there!
Best
0 Kudos

Smart move right now. I wish you the best of luck. CRST is a great company. I used to work at Schneider in the office. They have a great training program too.
0 Kudos