cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

casey16

I'm New here, smoke free 50 days now....

I too am 56, started smoking about 14 yrs old. I quit cold turkey for over 2 years when I found out I was pregnant. with my daughter. I returned to smoking when she was about 2 yrs. She turns 22 yrs old this month, and I think I've finally realized I'd like to be around to enjoy having grandkids! I've been smoke free for 53 days - used the Patch.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
rasuz

My name is Rasuz, I discovered the Ex while surfing the Net. They asked when I wish to put a stop to my bad habit of somking I said December, but they sugguested Jan 14th , but I have already quit before today. Meanwhile I received  a newsletter  on how not to smoke today. I am glad that  I effortlessly  quit somedays owing to the  quit date.. I thank the Ex for the mandatory date to quit, It had brightened up inner self, I have been working courageously out hoping that I respected my quit date. The results are happy ones. I move freely and can see more clearly.  Please, thanks a lot.

Rasuz

0 Kudos
mykyi

Hi Everyone,

My quit date was Jan. 1.  I am happier. I have change in pocket. I don't smell like cigarettes. My car doesn't smell like cigarettes. When I get an elevator, I realize that smell is not coming from me.  I don't have to go outside when it's cold or hot. So far so good.

I smoked for 16 years and I do not miss it.

Mike

0 Kudos
lisav2

I am 33 and started smoking at 14.  I quit four days ago and feel a lot like Mike.  I have saved money, do not stink, and am not living my life fiending for my next smoke.  I have noticed the smell of cigarettes on others and cannot believe that it is how I used to smell. I think that realization alone will keep me smoke free.

Lisa

0 Kudos
Rick_M

Welcome Casey. I'm also 56 and quit is April. WTG 53 days no small chore. It sure feels good 

0 Kudos