cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

joey-justice

I love become an ex so far...But I need someone to talk to now....

I haven't smoked for over an hour and already I don't feel the numbness in my feet. and pinkies...I am so scared because I saw a commercial where a woman had over 20 amputations...She said she was in pain so bad that she had to go to the emergency room....I have been in that type of pain and I know I shouldn't diagnose my self but I believe that I already have nerve damage and I am scared that as soon as i see my doctor I'll be getting an appointment for amputation...I've been thinking about this for a month and it has made me so depressed that I'm afraid to leave my house..have contemplated suicide..and has made me chain smoke....I feel like a worthless human being and if I have no self control then what good am I..? Thank God my fiancee bought me a larger monitor today it's beautiful...I would have never googled this site...So if anyone is out there I really need some friends right now cuz more than anything cuz I believe that when a person has hope..and happiness the body heals itself...I can't imagine having an amputation done...Joe
0 Kudos
12 Replies
manofsteele

Joey you have some good information from others so I will try not to repeat the words of wisdom and try to continue adding something that you can use.

There are many positive things to think about. I hope you can try to concentrate on positive images instead of the negative ones.

I encourage you to pledge not to smoke every day ( I have a daily discussion in the Separation Forum)

Find a quit buddy that has a quit date that is close to yours that you can relate to and can help support each other going tougher moments of your quit.

Stay strong and do let any excuses let you ever take a puff ever again.

My favorite craving tip is putting something smelly like Vics vapor rub under your nose to fight any cravings to smoke.

Stay strong ...Live long ...You Can Do It !

I have been quit for 4 Years, 1 Month, 1 Day, 10 hours, 52 minutes and 9 seconds (1,492 days). I have saved $11,939.62 by not smoking 59,698 cigarettes. I have saved 6 Months, 3 Weeks, 3 Days, 6 hours and 50 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 4/4/2004 12:00 AM
0 Kudos
hothula

aloha joey, I am so glad you found this site. I think you will find lots of friends here, please add me to your friend list. also please visit smoke freedom group started by my pal kozmik burd, we are a large group of ex smokers who have been quit for years. we all did it and can give you hints and support on how to quit. it is hard but doable. atry to make a doc's appt. most of the time our worry is more than what the real problem is. the first thing you have to do is put yourself FIRST. concentrate on you and get healthy so you can have a good long life w/your fiancee
0 Kudos
pamela-barnes

Good for you. Don't give up. My quit day is May 16.
0 Kudos