cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

mr1957

I like smoking!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, the most obvious question I have then is" WHY ARE YOU ON THIS SITE!!!" As human beings we never want to admit were wrong or admit were addicted, so we bullshit ourselves and say I like to smoke. If you are on this site I suppose you can read and in this day and age you can no longer deny how poisiness a cig is if you can read or turn the TV on for that matter. I am going to list some of the reasons I like to smoke and would like to hear other PERSONAL reasons why you do:
1-

Damn
0 Kudos
15 Replies
dian

LOL, I must say that I liked smoking too! except I didn't like to stink.... I didn't like the taste in my mouth...... I didn't like cleaning up after smokers......... didn't like the smell of smoke even.......
0 Kudos
manofsteele

I just love trying to be more stupid everyday and smoking helps me...... If I could inject all the great ingredients with a syringe like a cool heroin or meth addict I think would be the best ...

Here is another video that helps me understand why I like smoking so much ..... Doesn't he have the coolest voice !!

I love to smoke and I bet there are a lot of people just like me ....maybe one day we could have babies .....

want more tough luv videos - check it out
0 Kudos
Susan59

Our addictions tell us that we like to smoke. Our addictions tell us that it is fun to smoke and that we don't want to stop smoking. Our addicitons tell us that we can't make it without a smoke. Our addictions are what scream at us when we first quit. Our addictions are what kill us.

Instead of bothering to think about why we like to smoke.....let's all concentrate on the reasons we want to quit.

When you get down to it there is not a single good thing to like about smoking although your addiction will tell you otherwise.

Prayers for the quits.

Susan - Free and Healing for Two Months, Fourteen Days and 18 Hours, while extending my life expectancy 4 Days and 17 Hours, by avoiding the use of 1364 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $393.23.
0 Kudos
Giulia

I agree with Susan. From my point of view the way to quit smoking is not to list the reasons you enjoy it. That only reinforces the reasons to continue. I enjoyed the way you put your reasons why though. Those being - none.
0 Kudos
Giulia

I agree with Susan. From my point of view the way to quit smoking is not to list the reasons you enjoy it. That only reinforces the reasons to continue. I enjoyed the way you put your reasons why though. Those being - none.
0 Kudos
ruth4

Hello...I am a nurse...and many years ago I worked in a hospital with COPD patients..and it used to amaze me when they would disconnect their oxygen supply to go outside to smoke...fast forward to a few years later...and I picked up the habit while going through a painful divorce...and now understand the powerful hold smoking has...I want desperately to quit...have tried numerous times..but hope to quit 'cold turkey' very soon...and reading some of these entries definitely will help!!!
0 Kudos
ruth4

Thank you so much for your encouragement! As a medical professional I know all the reasons one should not smoke.....but that knowledge does not seem to help...
0 Kudos
Giulia

Hello Ruth,
Yes - read, read, read. The more knowledge you have the better armed you are to go into battle with Nasty Nico. Maybe you should hie yourself back into the cancer section of the hospital so you can be reminded of what this drug can do to you.

Things to check out:
Allen Carr's book: The Easy Way to Stop Smoking
www.whyquit.com

Would love to have you tell your story in a group I started here called Relapse Traps (in the Slipping and Sliding - Tales of Trouble Forum)

Hoping is not a verb of action. Get rid of hope and DO. You're desperate to quit and desperate to smoke. I hope the former wins out..

Giulia (2 years +)
0 Kudos
ruth4

Thank you...I just remember saying so smugly to other nurses..how could something be that addictive..to continue something that had already robbed them of their life...but now I know how...I no longer work in hospitals...I do pediactric nursing...thanks again for your encouragement....
0 Kudos