cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

ShawnP

I just don't understand!!!

I am seeing relapses lately. This is geared more to the ones that have been here on site for a while now. You know how to do it, you have educated yourselves. Why in the world are you waiting to reset a quit date so far into the future?????? I don't understand. Why are you letting that freaking Nico take a hold of you? When you fall, you are supposed to brush yourself off and get right back on that horse!...............RANT OVER!

96 Replies
cathnolan1

Boo hoo xxx

0 Kudos
MePlus3

[Unnecessary comment removed]

Edited by Mark. Telling people to get lost is no permitted per the site rules, we're a welcoming environment for all. Plenty of room for everyone here without stepping on others toes. Ensure all posts are within the site guidelines before posting.

0 Kudos

cathnolan1    I don't know you or anything about you so this comment although directed to you is more than that directed to anybody who reads this. That's true of all that is written here whether we know it or not BTW. Folks who have consistently been here Year after Year after Year are absolutely not gloating! Nor do we know-it-all. 

We are still here day after day after day primarily for our own sakes and secondly, for the Community as a whole. We have heard it all, been through it all so you're attempt to insult just doesn't work. Kimberley, Sharon, and the other (EX) serial relapsers know that because they too have been here sharing their ordeals and absorbing whatever collective wisdom we as a whole Community can muster!

Now how could participation in BecomeanEX possibly help myself, for EXample, who has 7 + Years without a single puff? Because there are 2 Quit Killers that I'm aware of at this stage, alcohol and complacency! Folks remind me that I don't want or need either in my Life! I might add that being here has also taught me that Quitting like staying here is not for wimps! We do have a heart and we do get hurt - smoking is not required in that!

Now for the second part, we have discovered a repertoire of ideas that certainly have helped people find their way out of the gerbel wheel A bit of cheerleading, some tough love, some honest shining light on the Lies of Addiction, a variety of tools to replace what addictively was always a Sickerette, actually there's more but we can only bring it - folks who need that bit of info and support still are 100% responsible for using it. The most frustrating part for me, Thomas, is seeing folks relapse again and again and again. I understand - I was that person! But it's still frustrating! And this place is a safe place to feel our feelings without Addiction! All of them! We laugh, cry, hug, love, get angry, yes, get into a ruckus now and then, but we persevere Smoke FREE! Because that is LIFE! Nobody's Life is perfect and it's full of emotions that we used to smoke away so we didn't have to feel - now, here we do get to feel! We have become the people that Our Creator intends for us to be - Addiction FREE! 

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink! I for one will be here today, tomorrow, in the future.... I invite you to be here, too! Read, share,maybe learn, maybe teach a thing or two about LIFE! Everybody is Welcome - most of all the Serial Quitter who hasn't given up!

MePlus3

Thomas that was so well spoken!

pir8fan

Let me get this straight! You came to a blog you did not agree with and told her she was wrong! Then when some one questioned your motives you said they better not be talking about you?

I am not sure how that is supposed to work!  Unfortunately, you will be talked about. A lot! And for a long time! Everyone gets to say what they believe! We get to disagree, but not be disagreeable! However, there are some very kind people here! So, I suspect your apologies will be accepted! 

I hope that you can find the "Colatteral Kindness" we share here! I hope you can find the peace you need to be successful! Let me know if I can help!      Tommy!

Giulia

Don't worry, Tommy always punctuates with exclamation points!  You're ok.  He doesn't bite.  Unless you call exclamation points bites!  Well, I gotta admit, they are a bit nibbling!  (I just cracked myself up here@@@@!!!!, (ooops - Jive hasn't a clue what do with THAT!)  snorting and on the floor - not a pretty sight!

cathnolan1

You can shove you're advice where [unnecessary comment removed],,I can say and do what I want and I refuse to give u something for nothing,,I didn't do anything to anyone, if Shawn got over it, then let it go,she was wrong and your not berating her,,so I am done with this site and never ever want to return to a [name calling removed] that put down people for there opinion,so byeeeeeee.Don't miss me,u and everyone else that are full of crap,,so reply all you want I won't be back to read anymore,,,xxxxx

Edited by Mark. Personal attacks/name calling are not permitted per the site rules. Ensure all posts are within the site guidelines before posting.

0 Kudos

I must have missed something too. I can only think of one person at the moment. I do hope they get back on track!!

djmurray

I agree with all the above.  I've mentioned my 3-year quit from 2001 to 2004 that flew out the window when I started dating a smoker.  I truly remember thinking "Yippee, now I can have fun again".  That was a quit without education that never connected with my actual brain with the ability to get educated and to make good choices.  EX allowed me to choose an entire tool chest of learning and techniques so I could kind of customize my own tool kit.  With those tools and with the support of this community and the knowledge that I must maintain my quit no matter how much time passes, I feel certain I won't relapse.  However, we cannot be complacent, and although I can't imagine EVER lighting a cigarette again, I would not want to become as entrenched as I became in the 10 years that went by after I lost my 3-year quit.  Sure, we have addicted brains, and quitting doesn't change that.  But we have sensible parts of our brains, and we exercise that part to start a forever quit and we exercise that part to vigilantly maintain our quits forever.

I Am Free.jpeg

gardenancy8

"Sure, we have addicted brains, and quitting doesn't change that.  But we have sensible parts of our brains, and we exercise that part to start a forever quit and we exercise that part to vigilantly maintain our quits forever"  I just love that!  That is how I see it, yes I am addicted, but I now know better.  Once you know the truth of the addiction, you can't go back and lie to yourself.