cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

legraves

I hope to quit without Chantix

I had very bad reaction to Chantix, even though I quit with it. It affected me mentally.  I can't use it.  I still want to quit, but am looking for help other ways

0 Kudos
3 Replies
maidenlane2

You say you quit with it? Did you have a relapse? Because you say you want to still quit. My Dr. wants to prescribe it for me, but I am afraid of the side effects, so my only hope I think will be the patches and an e cig to start. It shows youposted this 12-31 of 1969. ?? Do you see that? So how are you doing and what do you think you will use. My quit date is 3-12. Best Wishes to you.

0 Kudos
tigress

I never even considered chanticleer. My daughter-in-law did and actually quit for a while...til she got upset with my son. I've been quit since may19, 2009. Yeah,almost 5 years. I used commitlosenges which I don't think they make any more, but there is nicorette gum. However I don't think anything will work of you haven't made up in your mind to quit. And just do IT!
0 Kudos
legraves

Hi, I did see the date 1969 and that is very wrong.  My quit date is soon approaching and as I said, I did try Chantix and it did work until it made me nearly suicidal. I plan on using the commit mint lozenges and e-cigarettes to start. My quit date is March 30. I am currently cutting out one cigarette a day. Thanks for the advice.

0 Kudos