Ralph1955

I did it

Well 2 years today. I’m a happy and Blessed camper

35 Replies
RachelMB

Yes! So proud of you Ralph! xoxoxo

Rachel

Bonnie

Two years is awesome!  Doesn't it feel great????  I hope you do something good for yourself to celebrate

Congratulations!

P.S.  Ralph is my dad's and brother's name

MarilynH

A super duper CONGRATULATIONS on your precious quit journey YAY for 2 stupendous Smokefree years and counting WTG YAY for Smokefree living and YAY for each and every Day WON because LIFE really is Grand without a Cigarette in Hand.

Summer777

Congrats to you!!

meWisconsin

Congratulations on your 2 year quit. Many more to come.

Terry

Keep up the good quit.

Ralph1955

Thank you all for the support in celebrating my 2 years as a non smoker.  Sadly, my celebration was short lived.  Last night I was told by the facility where my mom is at, that one worker and 2 residents have the coronavirus; my mom is one of them.  Right now her symptoms are asystematic.  I'm angry that she was tested on June 29th and they just received the results yesterday.  That is so unacceptable!!!  

My sister and I are so worried now and in our hope to do what was right for mom and dad at the time has now turned to guilt.  Mom will be tested again and God Willing if the tests come back Negative we'll be taking her home with us.  Please, Pray for mom and send out your special thoughts that she'll be ok and come back to live with us.

Devastated to say the least.

YoungAtHeart

No guilt to be had here as far as I can tell.  You made the best decision for your parents AT THE TIME.  No one could have anticipated this plague on our houses.

If she had the test done on June 29th and is still asymptomatic more than two weeks later, i think that is a good sign. 

I will say a prayer for her.

Nancy

Barbscloud

Ralph, I'm so sorry to hear this.   Life knows how to throw us a curve ball.   If the test is that old, I would think it's a good thing that she's still asymptomatic.  There is no reason to feel guilty.  I understand, but this is not your fault--you've been doing everything you can to take care of your mother.   I'm hopeful that this will be one of the positive outcomes of this pandemic--our families in senior facilities will receive better care in the long run.  And we all know, there is no excuse for these results to have taken this long.  

Don't lose sight of your success.  I actually got bad news myself on the day of my 2 years.  

Sending caring thoughts for your family.

Take care.

Barb

Rae1985

Congrats on your success.  You should be so proud of your accomplishment.  You are an inspiration to others.  Gives me hope that I can make it as well.

minihorses

I'm so sorry about your mom.  COVID is more often healed without major consequences than not. Prayers to you and your family. I will still congratulate you on your fabulous achievement of 2 years strong!

Lin-quitting is 2 years smoke free - Celebrations! - Quit Train ...

pastedImage_1.png