cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

anaussiemom

I cannot breath

I like smoking!  That is the horrid part of this quit. 

I like it.   

Please I am not here to be battered or verbally abused.

Advice so welcome.

Namaste

0 Kudos
24 Replies
Grngyrl

I liked smoking too. I was a closet smoker and started pretty late in life (except for social smoking). I started using cigarettes as rewards. I’m a health care professional and that makes it worse! Then a few months ago I started seeing the marks on my upper lips. I’m almost 60 and they’re the only serious wrinkles I have. Call me vain, but it took an outward manifestation to show how this was destroying me. No way to hide them or make them go away. 

Barbscloud

Good morning Kimanaussiemom‌   How is it going this beautiful rainy Sunday morning?   

anaussiemom

Im Doin Barb!!  I have taken up bloody Mary Sundays.   Cheers"

59571898_860630057624725_3675846205503438848_n.jpg

I can reach my drink though..

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

I really like smoking. 

When I quit, I was horrified to discover that I found smoking the most satisfying activity. Nothing compared. Whether I worked, mowed the lawn, played the piano, walked--all things I enjoyed-- nothing was as satisfying as smoking. I was horrified, because I understood that this could not be normal, true, real. 

Addiction causes perception problems that can't be resolved  immediately. Time and just showing up for my quit was all that I could do for a while. I found it so annoying that I could have faith in nothing else but the cigarettes. It made me livid. Five years, seven months smober now, cigarettes no longer matter to me. But I had to proceed with blind faith and walk the walk instead of smoke-- my perceptions were totally screwed up early on. Dang it hurt to quit. If I let that perspective guide me, I would have missed out on getting over it--which was what I was looking for all along.

anaussiemom

thank you very much ❤️

0 Kudos