cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

jennifer64

I can do this

My name is Jennifer, and I am gearing up for another quit attempt. The tools on this site are different from what I've used before, and I hope to be successful this time. I'm going to babystep my way through this. I have a 4-year-old daughter that needs me to be there for her. I'm also quitting because I have been feeling pretty lousy the past few years, and I know it's the cigarettes that cause that feeling. I smoke way too much and enjoy the act of smoking way too much, but I can't stand the way it makes me feel in the long run. Let's do this thing! 🙂
0 Kudos
8 Replies
jennifer64

Thank you for the support, Edith! 🙂 I don't expect it to be an easy road, but it's one I have to travel the whole way this time. I haven't set my quit date yet as I'm using the tools on the site to identify my triggers - which are pretty much all of them. I need to practice the separation exercises. That seems like it may be the key. I've never done anything like that before.

Congratulations on your quitting! It's such a difficult thing to do and I can't wait to be an EX, too. 🙂
0 Kudos
david-hibling

Jennifer repeat after me - "this is the best thing I can do for my life - it is not going to be as hard or as difficult as I think it is going to be - its only the junkie in me telling me its going to be hard so as to scare me into not quitting - hey jnicotine junkie go away - stopping smoking is great!!!!! Hey World! I am Jennifer the non smoker!!!!"
0 Kudos
jennifer64

Thank you, David. I agree - this is the best thing I can do for my life and for my daughter, too. One of my biggest motivators for trying to quit again is seeing her walk around pretending like she's smoking a cigarette. I've given her the wrong impression and need to educate her about how terrible smoking really is.

Thanks for the support and advice! The tools on this site and the encouraging words of support from people such as yourself who have been through it are making me feel more confident that I can do this, too.
0 Kudos
mrshughes

You can do it! My father died from smoking and now me, my siblings and my children all have to live with out him forever. YOU CAN DO THIS! Think of watching your daughter get married or her high school graduation! You cant miss those things over an addiction!
I am 4 days in and they have been rough, but we can all beat this!
0 Kudos
jennifer64

Congratulations on your four days!

That is exactly what I think about as I am going through this process (my daughter and being there for her future). I haven't quit yet, but I'm working on the separation exercises that are the key to making this attempt a successful one. Thanks for the encouragement!
0 Kudos
mrshughes

I am on day 7 now Jennifer and I will admit the first 3 were hard...its all about changing habits...I hope you get there soon!
0 Kudos
jennifer64

I hope so, too! It's so important.
0 Kudos
mrshughes

Hope your doing well Jennifer!
0 Kudos