cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Quickness24

I can beat this!

All I have are 3 cigarettes a day!!!   I know I can beat this!!!

23 Replies
elvan

Quickness24‌ Thanks for that clarification...do pay attention to JonesCarpeDiem‌, I tracked my cigarettes while I was still smoking so that I could identify my triggers and figure out which ones were the strongest.  At that point, I made no effort to cut down, it was just keep track.  When I did quit, it was a sudden thing because I got so sick that I couldn't smoke...but it helped that I had done that tracking and also that I had identified my triggers and made plans to do something OTHER than smoke.  I used the mantra that I got from here, NOPE, Not One Puff Ever.  It was simple and easy for me to remember.  OldBones-Larry‌ also provided a wonderful saying, "One step, and then another, will get you to where you want to be."  Dale, who is JonesCarpeDiem‌ provided 
"I don't do that any more."  They are all very helpful...if you are using patches and lozenges, it really is not wise to smoke too.  At least, that is my opinion.  

Quickness24

Thank you

0 Kudos
Quickness24

Yes. I have one cigarette in the morning, one in the afternoon, and one a

night

0 Kudos
elvan

Stay close to the site.

0 Kudos
anaussiemom

Hell yes you can!
Quickness24 tumblr_m3ps03H8iE1rvw4iko1_500.jpg

yyjcxkjhyk6nvhoo6ytm.jpg

Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex. Do you have a quit date?  I didn't see that posted.   

sweetplt

Whoo Hoo you are preparing...Yes you can do this, be sure to work the program at Ex’s ... from the Home page.  It helps you choose a quit date and to prepare for it.  ( you already cut down ) ... I can’t wait till you set that day.  Colleen aka sweetp

Quickness24

I want to quit cigarettes all together by February 1st!!!!! It’s kind of

hazard to d, when you live with a smoker!!

On Mon, Jan 21, 2019 at 8:32 AM sweetplt <communityadmin@becomeanex.org>

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Ask them to support your quit by not smoking in your presence (go outside if necessary) and by keeping their smokes/ashtrays and lighters hidden, as well. 

Hope they will agree!

Nancy

Quickness24

That sounds like a great idea. Thank