cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

I bet there are many

Who are so tied to their smartphones, they worry about getting on their phone again the entire flight with the same fervor of a smoker who can't smoke until they get on the ground.

ADDICTION

(I took a friend to the airport this morning.)

28 Replies
MarilynH

I still don't have a cell phone and I doubt I ever will, my 13 yr old grandson Adam has one and he plays games on it but when he's here the only rule I have is don't bring it to the table during a meal......

I got one for my work as a contractor in 1991. They became cheaper and cheaper. I pay $30 a month for 1500 minutes and 1500 texts a month. That would probably cost $200 a month in Canada.

I have a phone number on skype I pay $8.40 every 3 months for plus $30.00 a year for the number. It can be called from and to any phone. So, $65 a year. I use it more than my cell because I dson't like holding a phone to my ear and I use headsets.

MarilynH

That's an excellent deal......

MarilynH

Yes it's pretty expensive here so I stick to the house phone, my husband has his company cell phone from his job which we took with us today to a funeral in case we had car problems and his company looks after the bill and I like that.

My wife used to take care of the cell bills we were paying $191 a month and sharing 450 minutes. She was bad with 2 year contracts and money.  🙂

MarilynH

$191 a month is way too much, I'm happy with my house phone and my Internet.

Giulia

I have an AT&T go phone.  I pay $25 a month, plus tax takes me to around $28 and change.  Unlimited calls and text.  1GB data (so surfing, watching, gaming, listening to music - is limited.)  But if your're in a free wifi area I believe - it's moot point.  So you could hang out at Starbucks and be on there forever.  I can connect to the internet at a grocery story and I don't believe I'm using up any data time because I'm going through their free wifi connection.  Just like at a library.  (Correct me if I'm wrong all you more savvy cell phone users.)  My point is, if you just want to connect with calls and so some texting - you don't have to pay a fortune. 

YoungAtHeart

As much as I hate to admit to it, I still have a flip phone (and I think Darren? does, too!).  I can talk AND text.  My daughters keep telling me that the Smithsonian is WAITING for me to give it to them!!

🙂

elvan

I remember when you dropped your flip phone into a puddle in Nashville and you RIGHTFULLY pointed out that if you had a smart phone, it would have broken.  Your phone did not skip a beat, hahaha.  I am ashamed to tell people what I pay for our cell phones...I have mine, my husbands, my son's, and my daughter's all on my Verizon plan.  My daughter and I both have iPhones, my son and husband have Pixels by Google...the kids have higher memory for their pictures, we have unlimited data, my monthly bill with taxes and fees is $321.00.  My son pays me $30 a month, husband pays car insurance on MY car, daughter is too overwhelmed with school loans to be able to pay anything.  SERIOUSLY?  I am a pushover, apparently.  No wonder I am so poor.