cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

simona

I am an ex-smoker now, what a difference.

I had smoked for about ten years up until last year when I got pregnant and that was my main reason to quit smoking and with the support from my husband and family I was able to stay that way.
0 Kudos
9 Replies
jcoletta

that is great news....i have smoked on and off but just cannot seem to quit once and for all.live in wash dc
0 Kudos
simona

Hello Jcoletta,

Try to set a quit date and stick to it. Plan on doing other fun things with the money you save by not spending it on smokes. If you get involved with this new support group here, you might just find the right information or resource to help you quit.
0 Kudos
jessica48

That is really great news! I really look forward to the point your at now. See, Starting a family is one of my reasons to quit.

l hope it continues to go so well for you!

--JC
0 Kudos

I have stress that helped me loose my quit of 5+months, I quit again yesterday. I am staying strong and have a awesome hubby helping me. So nice to meet you....*smiles*
hugs
May You Days Be Filled With Love And Laughter,
Shelley Jo
0 Kudos
simona

Nice to meet you too Shelley,

I am really hoping that you can stay quit. While coping with stress it is very hard to stay quit I know, you should work on the things or reasons that make you stressed at first and then will be much easier for you to quit smoking. Just a thought.

Welcome to the community and God Bless! I wish you all the best.

Simona
0 Kudos
jcoletta

i know stress is hard factor for me it was at work i would drive in smoke a cig....not much during the work day but on the ride home (solo commuter) i would smoke....haave removed myself from that situation and am trying a step 2 patch-nicoderm-not a miracle worker-did you read this week that they have actuall indentified a definite biological/genetic link to smoking...joe live from wash dc
0 Kudos

Thanks, My daughter and her being homeless is the stress, I am strong and want this so much. I will be okay....thanks so much
hugs
SJ
0 Kudos

I am a unconditional parent, so removing myself is not a answer. I baby sit my grandkids while she works, so I deal with her pain everyday. I am going through Menopause which has caused a whole host of problems.
Thanks for your reply, I am working hard on this quit. I was going to wait until the 18th, but my will power and chantix has made me realize that I don't want to wait, I haven't smoked since one on the 4th, so I will stay strong,
May Your Days Be Filled With Love And Laughter,

God bless you & thanks again
Shelley Jo
0 Kudos
susan18

What did chantix do to your stomach ? i am on it and i have a sensative stomach now...
0 Kudos