cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Sersic6

I am a heavy smoker. Im on disabilty and smoking is a stress.reducer. will i be able to quit?

Im a heavy smoker.  Im on disability.  Smoking is a stress reducer for me.  Will i be able to quit?

12 Replies
Barbscloud

How are you doing Sersic6 ?  Are you moving ahead with your quit?

Barb

Barb102

We are here for you. A lot of us smoked more when we were stressed. But once I quit for good, I realized that if smoking eased my stress then why wasn’t one enough. I just kept smoking more when I was stressed. It never helped and never changed the stressful situation I was trying to deal with. So much wonderful advice has been given here to you   Read it all. Read it especially when you feel stressed. You are not alone. 

Ljet3245

Welcome and I want to wish you the very best.  I just joined this community...just wanted to share that this morning begins day 11 for me.  It is hard at first. Most importantly...they got me thru yesterday! Joined yesterday and the support is amazing. It was the first day I sat in the car about to drive to gas station...I joined and posted at that very moment.  In my car.  Took my mind off it. Also the first night I was on here from 1am to 2:30am reading thru supportive responses and other comments.  It works!!!  I did NOT leave the house yesterday and I did NOT smoke.  Only advice I can give you...come here right when you want to give up, no matter the time of day or night.  We can and will do this.  Hope you feel better and your health improves.  Take care.