Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

I am 23 1/2 hours as a non smoker

Hi all. Really want to get some support here, Any suggestions

0 Kudos
6 Replies
jessie33

Well I am not even up to my quit day yet.  I just sI am tarted this web site today.   I really want to quit.   It is embarressing that I smoke plus it makes me feel horrible.  i haven't smoked today. I have been eating sun flower seeds, and I starte chewing nicotine gum.  I have quit before and I find it easier to go without a cigarette if I stay busy.

Be positive.  Never give up.

0 Kudos
calmeida

Is the gum helping ? I thought of getting some.

0 Kudos

Keep trying. i am doing the lozengers.. they are great.. day 2 almost over.. it hasnt been bad. I am staying busy.. writing.. reading..shopping... napping.. as long as I dont smoke I am good. I also went to Nicotine aynomous and the people were awesome.. I got the books. and a phone list to call, I will go next week and get my one week chip.. I like this.

0 Kudos
laurence028

Almost a day ,that's good but still keep up your self control and you will achieve your goal,cause that is my technique on stopping smoking.Anyway i am new here my name is Laurence.

0 Kudos

welcome Laurence. I am on day 7 and so far so good.. yesterday was tough but I just kept busy

0 Kudos
rickielx

think of it as a habit and not an addiction - it's easier to beat a bad habit than any addictions - thus easier to actually beat the habit... good luck

0 Kudos