cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

tami

I Want Too Smoke Soooo Bad

OMG! I want to smoke sooo bad! I know it's because I have gained 10 pounds since I quit on May 27th at 10:30 pm. All I want to do is eat and I have noticed I am becoming depressive these last few days. I have been on Chantix in the past and did get very depressed but this is a different depression. My husband can't believe how hungry I am all the time. It wasn't like this when I was on Chantix before. I have though about weightwatchers tonight, Wifit, Walking, and Smoking. Deep down I don't want to go back to smoking but if it will help my mental and hunger I don't see why not. I need help! I was very surprised earlier tonight when I told my husband if I went back to smoking I wouldn't eat so much and he said NOTHING! He has been smokfree for 3 years and 1 month. I take my Chantix but WHY am I craving cigarettes so bad now? Please help me! I don't want to fail AGAIN.
Thanks,
Tami
0 Kudos
8 Replies
manofsteele

thats some addict thinking if I ever heard it....

I heard you can lose a lot of weight when you get cancer ....

maybe if you think of cigarettes in more reality terms then your twisted facts way of thinking of cigarettes ...like cancer, chemo, radiation, hospital visits....waiting on Dr's, nurses and test results ....

smoking sucks .... and so does foolish thinking about going back to them over a few pounds......

0 Kudos
manofsteele

thats some addict thinking if I ever heard it....

I heard you can lose a lot of weight when you get cancer ....

maybe if you think of cigarettes in more reality terms then your twisted facts way of thinking of cigarettes ...like cancer, chemo, radiation, hospital visits....waiting on Dr's, nurses and test results ....

smoking sucks .... and so does foolish thinking about going back to them over a few pounds......

0 Kudos
david-hibling

Sorry to have to tell you but even if you start smoking again you probably wont loose the 10lb!!!! Some people put on weight some dont when the quit smoking - and its easier to eat more - what I am trying to do is to eat more OFTEN but NOT more food - for instance when i smoked I had coffee and cigs for breakfast and not ate - the first meal was a large sandwhich around lunchtime - now i start the day with toast and a small sandwhich for lunch - I dont have a sweet tooth so am lucky but if you do spoil yourself with a small dessert and fill yourself up with less fattenning things at dinner - veg fuit salads - drink plenty of water before a small helping - I exercise more and that doesnt neccessarily mean the gym - I garden - walk to the store instead of drive - look at my blog you can't stub out problems in an ash tray - cigs wont make you less depressed - despite what you think be brave and I wish you all the best
0 Kudos
edith2

Tami, Tami, Tami. Get your priorities straight. You've gained 10 pounds. So what? That is not alot of weight. You wanting to smoke has nothing to do with worrying about your weight. You want to smoke because of your addiction. Quit making excuses to start smoking again. If you can come up with a good enough excuse, I'll give up my four years and smoke with you. Don't put expectations on your husband if he doesn't want to support you. There are so many people in here that will give you support. If you want to get out of your depression, get out of yourself and start reading the discussions of the newcomers and give them support. Do a kind deed for a stranger and expect nothing in return. You'll stay depressed as long as you're focusing on yourself. Helping others is so good for the soul and will help you with your quit.
0 Kudos
edith2

Tami, Tami, Tami. Get your priorities straight. You've gained 10 pounds. So what? That is not alot of weight. You wanting to smoke has nothing to do with worrying about your weight. You want to smoke because of your addiction. Quit making excuses to start smoking again. If you can come up with a good enough excuse, I'll give up my four years and smoke with you. Don't put expectations on your husband if he doesn't want to support you. There are so many people in here that will give you support. If you want to get out of your depression, get out of yourself and start reading the discussions of the newcomers and give them support. Do a kind deed for a stranger and expect nothing in return. You'll stay depressed as long as you're focusing on yourself. Helping others is so good for the soul and will help you with your quit.
0 Kudos
melissa63

My sister has emphysema. She weighs 100 pounds. My mom died of emphysema and weighed 72 pounds. What is your choice? Do you choose to live or die? It has to be up to you. Not your husband. I pray you choose to live. Fight the enemy of addiction.
0 Kudos
debi4

Tami,
I know how you feel, Im 33 days quit and I still have some days I want to smoke real bad too. It will get better, tell yourself that, tell yourself smoking is not an option!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Drink ice cold water, go for a walk, tell yourself you've come too far , no cigs, you don't want to start over, its too hard, Lets help each other, I know you can do it, remember the cravings will pass, I'm using the patch. Smoking is not an option, Debi
0 Kudos
tami

You do get your point across. What you said really made me think, not even a doctor could relay what you did without pissing me off. And for some reason what you said really hit me and I want to Thank You! When did you have your last cigarette? I'm happy to say my last smoke was May 27th, 2008 at 22:30. My doctor discontinued my Chantix because, I was getting severly depressed on it. I was on it before and the same thing happened but worse this time. I want to thank you again what you had to say really meant alot!

Tami
0 Kudos