cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Jen_819

I Slipped UGH!!!!!!

I slipped today and need to get back on track!! I am so mad at myself, I was doing so good. I had 16 DOF in and I was weak. Over the weekend that's all I could think about was smoking. I kept pushing through, staying busy, then today I stopped and bought a pack and a polar pop. (They use to go hand in hand for me) I AM SO MAD!!!! UGH I STINK. Literally!!! I taste it. I smell like it. My car smells like it again. UGH UGH UGH

45 Replies
DavesTime

The first of many life-affirming days of freedom! Great, Jen!

Madeleine0622

Please don’t beat yourself up please just be kind To yourself I have quit  times for multiple years and this morning I was feeling so good because I have three days and this afternoon I started feeling sad and lonely and I startEd thinking about wanting a cigarette and I’m reading everybody’s comments so I have the strength to keep going
But I think the most Important thing is to love yourself And remember this is an awful addiction
we can all just be there for each other

The scary part is I’ve been in the car driving to that store and when I’ve been in that frame of mind I don’t want anyone to stop me or talk me out of it I just want relief from the terrible cravings

i keep trying to remind myself that as long as I continue to give in the cravings will keep coming

it is hard to believe that after knowing I have had so many wonderful years smoke free the voice inside my head telling me that cigarettes will make me feel better can be so loud 

Giulia

"i keep trying to remind myself that as long as I continue to give in the cravings will keep coming"  That is the truth of the matter.  Believe it.  The "voice" only has as much power as you give it.  Keep working on accepting the choice you've made to be smoke-free.  You're still fighting it is my guess.  When you truly make smoking no longer an option, you'll find the cravings diminish greatly.  It's because smoking is still an available choice in your mind that you're suffering.  When cigarettes no longer exist in your world, you are free.

Madeleine0622

I really hope you get back to quiting take it from me smoking sucks

i am only on day 2

i had three years and blew it back in July 

I can’t believe how hard it is. My mind is playing head games again. I hate this addiction it is really hard

and I know how wonderful life can truly be without smoking. I hate that I am struggling with this addiction again. I had 10 years at one time. 
Enough about me.  Good luck to you and please know there are so many of us who know how you feel. 

Jen_819

Oh no. I am sorry that the monster got you after so long. We can do this! This is so hard. I felt better and proud of myself when I was quit and now I am down on myself. I have my Day Won in and now onto Day 2. WE GOT THIS!!!

Madeleine0622

Hello ‘Jen  are right We got this!!!

it is great to have real people to talk to when I feel like giving into the Monster

Best wishes to you on Day # 2