cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

stacy1161

I Quit Smoking For The 1st Time In My Life & I Quit Cold Turkey!

I quit smoking 3 weeks & 5 days ago. I'm not exactly sure what had came over me or why I had decided to quit the day that I did but something had to of came over me because I never before even felt that I wanted to quit but for some reason  I just felt like it was what was right, what was best & what I needed to do.

I did water fast at the beginning of quitting smoking mainly to help more with the cleansing & detoxifying of my body as well as to prevent gaining weight by replacing my cigarettes with food. Not everyone can water fast, you need to have the determination as well as the mental, physical & emotional will power & strength to water fast & you should really do some research on the topic ( you can google it) before attempting to water fast & people that water fast should really do little to no exercise but I believe that water fasting does help with the quitting smoking process!

I quit smoking cold turkey & water fasted for the 1st 23 days to be exact, it wasn't easy but you can do it if you really wanna quit but you must really wanna quit & have the determination to stay a non smoker or it will not be a success 😞

I do still at times want a cigarette (especially since I am no longer water fasting) & really hope that I don't ever relapse. I hear alot of people say that they quit for so long then smoked again. My sister quit for 1yr then started smoking again. Why do people stop for so long then do it again? I began smoking Newports 15 years ago & ended smoking 1 1/2 pack of KOOL 100's a day. I don't wanna smoke again! I want the urge that I get sometimes to smoke to never come again. I'm a non smoker!!! Please God FOREVER!!!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
cathi4

It is all a mental game at the point where you are. You simply decide to stop your self from ever picking up a cig to smoke. That takes care of the never smoking again part! Anyone who can WATER fast for that time while stopping smoking while not murderering anyone does not need to worry about the weakness of the addiction sweet talking you ever again. Decide this is it and make it that way. Also, a tip I found a lot of power in is that I can not be a non smoker. I smoked for 15 years. The position I can do is ex smoker. That person who must never forget all the great things she has learned about how the addiction lies to you, tells you that you can control yourself. You can smoke just here or there. This temptation does not happen to non smokers only ex smokers. Non smokers do not have the chops I have from 10 months cold turkey and have no nicotine receptors just waiting at the ready for the first tote of nicotine to come after me again with all its got.

I know it is silly and just difference in wording but I am proud of being an ex smoker! I am also very proud of you for your quit. Decide with me today. Never another puff ever!

0 Kudos

N.O.P.E. Not One Puff Ever today and each and every day NO MATTER WHAT!!! Make a decision for ONE DAY and RESPECT yourself enough to HONOR that choice just for today..tomorrow you can do the same! I have made the same decision 188 days in a row! YOU CAN TOO!!!

0 Kudos
bunny2245

Great job! Fasting does take a lot of strength that not many people have. Keep up the good work! You're an inspiration.

0 Kudos