cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Ivan_EU

I QUIT

Yesterday I stopped smoking. Day 1. It is tough. But I am glad to be free. I truly hope it will carry on!

Tags (1)
167 Replies

As the others said, get back on the horse and try again........

It's not easy,but doable! Glad to see you are here asking

questions. I also think,it means you want to Quit, more than you want

to smoke.......Figure out your triggers and a plan for them.

Prairie 92 DOF...... it is literally 1 DAY at a Time........

0 Kudos
Skittles412

Day 71 and feeling good here people. The cravings are few and far between now.  I'm reintroducing coffee into my life because I'm more confident in my quit.  I will start having a couple cocktails now too.  I still will not be around my smoking friends because I just don't want to be around it.  You know I actually have a friend that responded when I told her that I had quit smoking by saying "I hate that you quit smoking". Nice friend huh?  So needless to say I'm not really talking with her anymore.  You truly do find out who your real friends are when you actually need them.  Fight the good fight people!! NOPE (Not One Puff Ever)

Good for you. Time is the healer.

YoungAtHeart

PLEASE be careful with the cocktails.  If you can limit yourself to just one or two, it's easier to maintain your commitment to quitting.  Always know that there is never "just one" to an addict.  It will ALWAYS be followed by more.  Maybe not right away - but it WILL!

Nancy

0 Kudos
Ivan_EU

Congratulations!

Lisaml

Let’s go, Ivan! Allons-y! 

Time to get your quit on!!!

0 Kudos
Ivan_EU

I know I should...  ))

Ivan_EU

I started with one new method. I am lessening my smoking by giving myself small challenges every day. Don't smoke for the following 2 hours. Then 3. And I do this daily. Small steps! Thought?

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

That's what I did this time starting one week prior to my quit date until I was down to three cigarettes the last day.  Cannot deviate from the scheduled time for the next smoke!!!!   By the last day, I had already eliminated most of those "habitual" smokes.  But also took a combination approach this time: Wellbutin, smoking cessation class, nicotrol inhalers and the EX.  Believe having a plan made all the difference in my success.   

64 DOF

Ivan_EU

That is true. I somehow think that you need some help like you had. I used Wellbutrin once, and it helped in decreasing my smoking a lot. But I had other side effects so I had to quit.

Any other medication that you know which might be good? What is EX?

0 Kudos